Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2000 dts
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 things My temp needle jumps up & down which causes the idle to jump up & down what could that be? Next I just had my power steering pump changed but my car is still having the whinning sound it gets louder when i accelerate please HELP Thank you in advance.:confused::confused::confused::confused:

· Administrator
2002 F55 STS, 2014 Explorer XLT, F-150
80,431 Posts
This is the wrong "DTS" forum. You belong in the real Deville threads. Moved.

The temp gauge indication will have no effect on idle speed - unless the two symptoms are caused by a loose/faulty engine wiring harness. Study and use the sticky post just above this - "How to pull codes" Your car has its own built-in diagnostic code scanner/reader. Study the proper model/year section of the sticky and practice. Write down all codes found and whether each is Current or History; return to the sticky and open the link with "obd2" in the address - this takes you to a Master Index of all P,B,C, and u code definitions. Write it all down and post it in this thread - don't start a new thread for the same sequence of questions/diagnosis.

Cut out four one foot squares of HD cardboard and make two stacks of two squares each. Drive the car (front wheels) onto the two stacks of squares. Now turn the steering wheel lock-to-lock a dozen times, pausing for a couple of seconds at each lock. That should bleed the steering rack - now shut down and carefully check the level of fluid in the reservoir. Any parts store - GM approved P/S fluid. Cheap.

· Registered
2002 STS/ 1994 STS
229 Posts
2 things My temp needle jumps up & down which causes the idle to jump up & down what could that be? Next I just had my power steering pump changed but my car is still having the whinning sound it gets louder when i accelerate please HELP Thank you in advance.:confused::confused::confused::confused:
If you had your pwr streeing pump changed, was the fluid level bled properly? There is a procedure ya know...

· Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
22,646 Posts
-----------------------------
My temp needle jumps up & down
probably a loose connection at the plug -
or a bad temp sensor -

I just had my power steering pump changed
but my car is still having the whinning sound

if it were me - I would take the car back to whoever installed the pump -

it could be air in the system - but that's a pretty slim chance -
more likely would be a defective new pump -

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.