Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
PREVIOUS 00DTS,04DTS,04DTS,03CTS,07CTS CURRENT 07STS4 09CTS4
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another day another problem but I still love her lol...I've looked everywhere on here and found some threads but no answers...I need to get the car started does anyone know if there some kind of relase?I read thats theres one in the owners manuel but doesnt work...I cant turn the key at all I moved around the steering wheel..I tried my 2nd key valet key...nothing..all the interior lights light up but thats it!....could someone please help I need a answer

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,547 Posts
Give it a shot of WD40 and see if that helps any. If not, I'd say you'll need to replace the lock cylinder.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ranger I had read you sayin that in another post I tried it no help....I even lightly tapped t wth a hammer nowthing...only thing that happend if i move the steering wheel left to right hard enough it becomes lose but will lock up again if i move more...so what do u think would be the best way of fixing it? dealer? locksmith?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Ranger I read in other posts u said to do that but nothing I even tapped it with a hammer...so where do you think I should get it replaced? dealer or a small auto repair shop or locksmith?

Sorry for the double posts I dunno how to delete this post

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,547 Posts
I assume that means you are not attempting the fix yourself. Forget the locksmith. Dealer would be more expensive, but knows the car better. Your call.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just spoke to my mechanic he tells me with the lock cylinder I will get a new key but not oem...meaning there will be no emblems on the key...I want everything to look original so what could I do about that?and the locks on my door and trunk will no longer work...

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just wouldnt wanna mess nothing up even more...is it a long job as in labor?bcuz we all know the dealer will try to rape me

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok thanks Ranger but could I be confident thats the issue before they go snooping around looking and try to run up the labor?

·
Registered
04 Deville, 11 DTS Premium, 00 Deville (sold), 02 Deville (sold)
2,688 Posts
I just wouldnt wanna mess nothing up even more...is it a long job as in labor?bcuz we all know the dealer will try to rape me
Well that's what they do.... Call the service adviser at the dealership and they should be able to quote you an exact cost of replacing the lock cylinder over the phone. Then you can decide if it's worth the raping that you are bound to get.:D

As far as the snooping around to run up the bill... simply tell them... no thanks on the additional items that they always seem to find.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lol not looking forward to getting raped lolll....but yea thanks.....I will have to get it done at the dealership they know best somewhat :eek:P

1 - 12 of 12 Posts