Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac 2000 DTS & 1999 Lexus LS400
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and found some threads for STS, Escalade and Cimaron(sp?) but did not find one for DTS.

I have a 2000 DTS with some LED's out on the trunk mounted brake light. I am wondering if this light is similar to those on the STS, Escalade, etc., that is, does the light light have to be sent in to someone like www.ledfix.com to replace the LED's?

I have not pulled the trunk lid liner out to get a look for myself - are the push fasteners a one time use item or is there a particular way to remove them so they can be used again?

I thought I would ask before tearing into it....:)

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
LEDFIX is LoganDiagnostic, I dont know why the deville isnt listed there, but I am almost 100 percent certain he does them. In fact, the 00 Devilles have more LEDs than alot of other Cadillacs, if not all of them.

·
Registered
2002 Cadillac DTS Deville on Vogues and DTS Blades
605 Posts
the push fasteners can be used again, and again, and..........you get it. Just be careful not to remove them to quickly because then youll probably break them. All youll need to do is use aflat head screwdriver to jimmy the fasteners out. When youre done youll be able to push them back in.

·
Registered
'04 Base Deville, Light Platinum - blew HG & SOLD
164 Posts
I am wondering if this light is similar to those on the STS, Escalade, etc., that is, does the light light have to be sent in to someone like www.ledfix.com to replace the LED's?

Also, I heard some folks replace the whole thing.
Maybe give the dealer a call for pricing to compare.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your help.

I will pull the liner tomorrow and see what I have for a light.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pulled the liner, most of the push fasteners came out and could be reused.

The light is, as you said, one that needs to be replaced, i.e. can't just replace a few LED's and go on.

I will check with Logan Diagnostic for a replacement.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts