Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Deville DTS
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I converted my rear leveling shocks to Monroe air shocks using a resistor value of 4.7k ohm for the and they have worked wonderfully. Was wondering if anyone has converted their front electronic shocks to passive shocks, and if so what brand was used or what brand is recommended? Also, do you need to use the same resistor value for the front also? I prefer to use Monroe's up front as well, so if someone has done the same can you pleaseprovide the part number. Thank you!

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,273 Posts
Re: 2000 Deville DTS front shock conversion

Hi, I converted my rear leveling shocks to Monroe air shocks using a resistor value of 4.7k ohm for the and they have worked wonderfully. Was wondering if anyone has converted their front electronic shocks to passive shocks, and if so what brand was used or what brand is recommended? Also, do you need to use the same resistor value for the front also? I prefer to use Monroe's up front as well, so if someone has done the same can you pleaseprovide the part number. Thank you!
----------------------------
several people have done it - and don't feel any difference -
and YES - use the same resistors as the rear -

the Monroe 71685 is the PERFECT match to the Monroe MA822 -
the best price today is STAGGERING - truly an unbeatable price -
$28.79 each + shipping = around $70 FOR THE PAIR - SHIPPED -
from rockauto.com

·
Registered
2001 Deville DTS
102 Posts

Were can I find instuctions for wiring in the resistor looking for a conversion all the way around on my 2001 DTS?

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,473 Posts
Insert the resistor leads into the strut/shock electrical connector plug the same as sticking a bent paper clip into a wall socket (!!). Insulate well and wire-tie the connector harness out of the way of the suspension/brakes.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,273 Posts

Were can I find instuctions for wiring in the resistor looking for a conversion all the way around on my 2001 DTS?
------------------
Sub's method will work -

another "prettier" way would be to cut off the plug from the old shock -
solder the resistor to the cut off ends - cover with heat-shrink tubing -
plug the "new" resistor assembly back in -

·
Registered
2001 Deville DTS
102 Posts
I have 140,000 miles on mine just wondering if you felt a difference is it slightly better or much better?

·
Registered
2000 DHS
535 Posts
I wasn't having problems with the factory struts even though they had 280k on them, I replaced them, and a lot of other high mileage working parts because I had dropped the cradle to replace the engine with a studded yard engine due to blown head gaskets. It drove great before and after replacing the front struts, completely satisfied.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts