Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2000 DTS 194,000 miles, 2000 DHS 203,000 miles
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I just bought our service writers 2000 DHS for my wife for 1500 bucks. I fixed the head gaskets with studs last year for him. Every since it's had a rough idle. I have a plethora of injectors, coil cassettes, Plugs, coil boots. Swapped them all out with known good parts. Cleaned the throttle body, idle air control valve. No codes but the idle is rough 90% of the time. Just giving it a little gas smooths it right out. Been thinking I could try a new IAC valve but sure wish it'd at least throw me some kind of code. I really just dunno what else it could be that I'm overlooking.

·
Registered
2003 Deville base
258 Posts
I have a 2003 Cadillac DeVille that's been giving me a rough idle as well I did a good throttle body cleaning and clean the idle air control rpms jump up every now and then but seems okay I'm getting a real rough idle though as well as sometimes when driving not sure what it is

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,785 Posts
You didn't mention, but I assume you have checked the plenum duct and the PCV lines?

·
Registered
98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance
7,345 Posts
Wasn't ther a post while back about tb gasket being backwards or something similiar? I'd hit with starter fluid and chdck for vac leaks. Other than that hook to real time scanner and see whats going on. Does it idle low?

·
Registered
2000 DTS 194,000 miles, 2000 DHS 203,000 miles
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've sprayed carb cleaner all over it, nothing. I wouldn't have had the TB gasket off when I took the intake off, so it should be right. And yea, now that it's mine, I'll have more time to throw our snap on scanner on it and hope I can see something.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts