Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having trouble with my cadillac. Car was running fine this morning, went to school for 2 hours and when I went back to the parking lot my car wouldnt start.

The gauges wouldnt read the oil, battery voltage, gas, mile range, etc

I noticed the battery and security lights were on. After a while the security light went away but they battery light stayed on.

The power seats, ac, headlights, back lights, were all working fine except for the power windows. I took off the battery and took it to Autozone to check if the battery was good and the guy told me the battery was 100 percent charged and in perfect condition. I also tried connecting another battery from my friends truck and it still wouldnt turn on.

The battery is in perfect condition so I have no idea why the battery light is still on.

·
Registered
2000 DHS
535 Posts
I suspect the battery light is a reflection of the alternator not charging, that's what it used to mean in the 60's and 70's. You could have thrown the serpentine belt or you may have a bad alternator. I don't have my manual nearby (200 miles from home tonight). Check your owner's manual and see what will cause the light to come on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts