Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok im having a problem with my deville. a while ago it would cut off when i was idling like at a light or something, this lasted for about a week and that was it, the service engine light would come on and off. then it stopped. also during that time when i went to accelerate from a stop sign it went liek it was going to go but then the front end dropped down like it was cutting off, then it jumped up again and accelerate pretty quick. right after that happened the service engine soon light came on again. that has never happened again. but tonight it cut off when i was pulling into a parking lot. i could start it back up right away, but when i came back out of the store it wouldnt start. it took me 10 minutes of trying before it would start, and when it did finally start the service engine soon light came on, i am gonna take it to teh dealership tomorow morning but i wanted to ask and see if anyone had any info on what it might be, also i dont know if this is related but my interior lights wont come on anymore liek when you turn off the ignition and/or open the doors, none of the door lights or interior ligths come on anymore. they will come on if you turn them on (map lights). any info will be helpful on both of those subjects, thanks
Peace
C

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG
2,043 Posts
I had the same stallin problem with my 2000 DTS that u jsut decribed. Turns out all it was was a bad signal coming frm the computer and it was giving a bad signal to the engine. No mechanical problem, they reset the computer and it was fine after that. It is soemthing electronic and should be easily fixable.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Caddy Man said:
I had the same stallin problem with my 2000 DTS that u jsut decribed. Turns out all it was was a bad signal coming frm the computer and it was giving a bad signal to the engine. No mechanical problem, they reset the computer and it was fine after that. It is soemthing electronic and should be easily fixable.
Have your dealer scan test. If the check engine light came on there may still be a trouble code still set in your PCM. It's likely faulty crankshaft position sensors. We replace them all the time at the Caddy dealer I work at.
Todd

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i read the codes it was the crankshaft position sensors, seems like that is a money part.hehe seeing how ive read about it and you said you fix them all the time. but what about my interior lights and courstesy lights wont come on when i turn the ignition off and/or open the door, i didnt get a code for that and it happened after my battery died. i took it to the dealer and they said it was the rear integration module $400 to fix. could it be anything else? oh and i am over the mileage for it to be covered for that fix on teh sensors. i drive too much. anyway thanks for the info.
Peace
c

1 - 4 of 4 Posts