Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 deville, whilst replacing spark plugs & doing some injector & vacuum repairs. It wouldnt start all of a sudden, I thought it was the starter, as I pulled it out, I accidentally engaged the starter & it attempted to turn over. (forgot to disconnect power 馃槖) but also discovered that the cable was missing its nut or clamp or whatever. I questioned if it was that was the problem then, cos I'd been knocking that cable around, so a bad connection made sense. Put everything back together & notice the ground wire to the starter (I assume), its the one right behind the radiator, pain to get to... anyway, tried to start the car & got clicks now, & consistent. Would this ground wire be the issue? -- as a gounding cable is much cheaper to replace than the starter.

Registered
Discussion Starter #2
I have a p1634 code on 2000 caddy DeVille -- she cranks but don't start, fuel pump tested fine, but the injectors don't pulse. After some research, concluded that it's either the icm/coils - the crankshaft sensor - or the pcm is done, but I'm not sure where to start without breaking the bank. Any thoughts? Plz help.

Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
P 1634 - Ignition 1 switch circuit. Fuses?

Your posts on this no-start problem have been merged into your own thread. No need to hijack old, dead threads.Thanks.

Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
I have a p1634 code on 2000 caddy DeVille -- she cranks but don't start, fuel pump tested fine, but the injectors don't pulse. After some research, concluded that it's either the icm/coils - the crankshaft sensor - or the pcm is done, but I'm not sure where to start without breaking the bank. Any thoughts? Plz help.
Don't overlook the injector fuses. I believe they are labeled IGN1 & IGN2.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts