Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2000 dts
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have 2 devilles, one is a gorgeous dhs with the fully loaded interior (rear shades, vanity, massaging seat, etc) but has a salvage title. now i have a dts with a beat up interior and engine., and im planning to swap the dhs interior into the dts along with the motor. so my question is how hard is it to swap out the whole interior without breaking anything? how long should it take? from the front dash to headliner and rear deck...also since my dts doesnt have any of these features will it be possible to make everything connect?

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,448 Posts
:welcome:

The DHS has an LD8 motor and the DTS has an L37. They are mated to different transmission final drive ratios and different PCMs. The difference in the engines is the intake cams. If you are going to swap the engine, swap the intake cams as well or don't do it.

·
Registered
2000 dts
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
damn i dont know now, i do have the other ecu, so i dont know i may just do the interior swap, hopefully i can knock it out in 1 day, or 2 tops. starting from 8 in the morning to like 10 at night and then some the next day.

·
Registered
2006 STS V Tango int
2,341 Posts
Your talking a lot of work swapping the interior do you know how many little clips and screws hold everything together hundreds!!

·
Registered
2000 dts
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have no choice but to keep the dts due to the title being clean, i am however going to take this project on...im going to start today with door panels. then seats and stereo system (bose) then headliner and rear tray and last but not least dash....damn maybe im way over my head.....but you will never know till you try it.

·
Registered
2000 dts
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
also i have many features on my dhs like rear vanity mirrors, rear auto shade, rear massagers, so the dts doesnt have any of this and wondering if just transferring the dhs wires should do the trick.

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac STS-V Black On Black
1,428 Posts
i have no choice but to keep the dts due to the title being clean, i am however going to take this project on...im going to start today with door panels. then seats and stereo system (bose) then headliner and rear tray and last but not least dash....damn maybe im way over my head.....but you will never know till you try it.
Go for it man ! I want to see how this turns out, and make sure you get a DTS engine. good luck !

·
Registered
2000 Base Deville (Now A Slightly Modified Mutt). 2014 E-250
55 Posts
With patience, research and planning, depending on your perseverance and skill, you may be able to accomplish this.
Just throw out all expectations of a 1-2 day timetable. This will take considerably longer. A Huge Undertaking when you
consider you will have to make sure everything is assembled properly and with the proper torque specs. Take Your Time.
Just my .02

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,448 Posts
Ranger

The DHS has an LD8 motor and the DTS has an L37. They are mated to different transmission final drive ratios and different PCMs. The difference in the engines is the intake cams. If you are going to swap the engine, swap the intake cams as well or don't do it.

damn i dont know now, i do have the other ecu, so i dont know i may just do the interior swap, hopefully i can knock it out in 1 day, or 2 tops. starting from 8 in the morning to like 10 at night and then some the next day.
If you can't swap the cams, then swap the engine, trans and PCM. They're all mated to each other. Don't mix and match them.

·
Registered
2000 dts
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea i worked on it yesterday, took the driver side door panel, and lower rear seats....whoa! once i took off the door panel and saw the bose set up behind it, i almost shit my pants., so much shit behind the panel. i also tried taking of the rear panel but i need the clip removal tool...it was tough in there. i also would like to move the whole bose system into my other deville that im not sure if it has bose or not....but im just hoping i can switch speakers, amp etc. and not wiring harness, any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
20,125 Posts
Any update on this? I am very interested as I picked up a used 2000 DHS and it has lots of interior issues
============================
the OP hasn't log in since 2011 -
-----------------------

so - what are your interior issues - what are your questions -

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well I got mine used from a dude who said everything was in great shape. On the contrary!! I think this guy just got junk yard parts and put it together just good enough to sell. The dash has a lot of broken pieces that the covers don’t even stay on they have to be screwed in to stay on! Would really like to get a whole dash replacement. Any pointers would be appreciated!!!

·
Registered
70 Deville 78 Seville 92 Deville 03 Deville
831 Posts
The easiest way is to buy a parts car with a good interior. I see them all the time for $300-500.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
70,751 Posts
Truth ^^^

Buy one out of the local auction house and part it out. Searching, ordering, and shipping the correct parts online costs a fortune.

Look at parts pricing in www.car-part.com - a nationwide junkyard collective site.

You have a monumental job ahead of you - year-to-year, model-to-model and option-to-option has to be swappable. Bose sound wiring harnesses and amps will NOT swap with the base AC Delco stuff. Other electric/electronic and interior options won't swap, either.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts