Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Cadillac Deville DTS
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my DTS between 60-70 mph starts to shake a bit and when i use my brakes around that speed shakes even worse. Also when i first take off from a stop it shakes a little bit but not that much. On the freeway when it shakes so does the steering wheel. Anyone have any idea whats going on? i would appreciate it

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,273 Posts
my DTS between 60-70 mph starts to shake a bit and when i use my brakes around that speed shakes even worse. Also when i first take off from a stop it shakes a little bit but not that much. On the freeway when it shakes so does the steering wheel. Anyone have any idea whats going on? i would appreciate it
--------------------
worn hub/bearing -
worn suspension parts -
worn steering parts -
out of balance tires -
bent wheels -
bad tires -
build-up of brake material on brake rotors -

·
Registered
2005 CTS/ 2008 DTS/ 2008 STS V8 N*/ 2011 CTS4 ALL W/D Pearl
688 Posts
I would first get you're tires Road Forced Balanced, our cars a very finicky about tires and balancing. If that doesn't fix it, you're probably looking at new wheel hubs. Don't forget the easy 12-6 oclock wheel check. It costs nothing and it will tell you about you're hubs, should be no play.

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
Raise the front wheels off of the ground, grab the tires at 12 O clock and 6 O clock, and rock the wheel back and forth.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,478 Posts
^^^ What MC said ...........

Perceptible tire/wheel in/out movement at 12 - 6 is hub bearing slop. Movement at 9 - 3 is tie rod and/or suspension wear.

^^^ Not always, but a necessary yes/no test.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,785 Posts
Check that front motor mount. It's oil filled so if it's oily, it's shot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts