Discussion Starter #1
Hello to everyone. I have joined the club. Now tell me how much I am
going to suffer!

I just bought a 2000 DeVille DHS with 91,000 miles. What should I have
done to this car now?

The only issues I see with it are:

1. Slight vibration at 60 + miles per hour. But my mother-in-laws caddy
(2003 DeVille) did this too.

2. Driver's side heated seat does not seem to work as well as it should.

3. The fan that cools or heats the car is slightly noisier than my mother-in-laws car.

In the glove box I found a repair for the following:
Cooling system leak. Puddle of coolant on garage floor and on engine.
replaced WP and Housing. $241.35 minus a discount to which it shows
a total bill of $128.47

·
Registered
01 Eldo ETC, 02 Deville SOLD!
1,815 Posts
Hello, and welcome to the forum. This is the #1 Internet stop for any Caddy related information.
Since no one else has kicked in, I'll save you a few minutes time reading all the technical bulletins up on the top menu bar.
1) at 91K/5 years, it is due for a coolant change. This is probably the single most important thing to do. If you take it to a dealer, you should make sure they read the coolant supplement instructions on the fan shroud, and carry them out. They will PROBABLY use DexCool, but not guaranteed. It doesn't really matter if they do or not, but you do need to know WHICH type of coolant they use - DexCool or "the green stuff".
Search the forums for more on this.
2) Get the service history if you can. (Experts, were the Crank Position Sensors an issue in 2000 MY?) If so, you want to have them replaced. Minor annoyance.
3) Repairs and maintenance CAN be expensive on these vehicles, but hey, they ain't Yugos.
4) Check the coolant level weekly. The car will tell you when it's low, but it's good to check visually anyway. My Deville's "Check Coolant Level" message comes on every couple of weeks for a few days, but the level is fine. The sensor is bad and I haven't taken the time to R'n'R it.
5) Check oil weekly. It is NOT uncommon for the N* to use a little oil in daily operations. It is NOT a bad thing. Be prepared to add anywhere from nothing to a quart every 1000-1500 miles.
6) Read the tech bulletins at top of main page.
6) Every now and then, take it out and drive the Pi** out of it. The Northstar loves revving and getting some MPHs under the tires.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,781 Posts
:welcome: The vibration can probably be cured by a road force balance. It worked for me.

·
Registered
2000 Deville DHS
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JimHare said:
1) at 91K/5 years, it is due for a coolant change. This is probably the single most important thing to do. If you take it to a dealer, you should make sure they read the coolant supplement instructions on the fan shroud, and carry them out. They will PROBABLY use DexCool, but not guaranteed. It doesn't really matter if they do or not, but you do need to know WHICH type of coolant they use - DexCool or "the green stuff".
Search the forums for more on this.
I was looking at some service paper work in the glove box that I mentioned
in my first post. It shows the following:

12346290 Coolant 8.800 $14.36
12378393 Cleaner C 8.800 $12.21

Looking on the internet I think part number 12346290 is DexCool. Is this
correct? This work was done on 3/14/05.

·
Registered
2000 Deville DHS
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was looking at the computer codes and this is what I found, trying
to write it down as quickly as possible:

AMP U1016 History
IPM B0429 Current
B1004 History
U1064 History
RCC U1000 History
VTT B1009 History
B2734 History

The IPM B0429 Current means "Temperature Control #3 Rear Circuit Range/Performance".

What does that mean?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts