Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok got a question are the rotors the same on front and back of a deville base model. I got a sweet deal on 4 rotors that are drilled and slotted along with brakes for 100 but I need to know if the rotors and pads are the same on all four corners? thanks

·
Super Moderator
86,068 Posts
No. Fronts are vented, rears are not. Can't speak for aftermarket slotted and/or drilled though.

·
-Administrator- 2002.5 F55 STS 2014 FWD Explorer
66,241 Posts
Yes ^^^ (Ranger) - no (You). Fronts are vented, rears are solid. (Fronts do a LOT more work than rears) Drilled and slotted tend to crack. (Will you be racing the car tonight and changing the rotors tomorrow morning ?) ............ Honest question..........

Don't take our word for anything - get into www.ebcbrakes.com and do a LOT of reading. Many links, much information, no myths or hearsay.

If the rotors are Chinese.................your worry. A good set will be at least 3X $100.

THINK about this: How much braking rotor friction surface have you lost due to drilling/slotting - and will the new pads erase that loss with better brake performance (forget brake life) ?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
can I put the vented ones on the back I bought them from a guy on craigslist. all four rotors and wagner brake pads for 120 I couldnt pass them up. so I am asking if I have all same 4 rotors and pads can I put the same rotors that are for the front on the back or wont that work? my brake rotor part number is 55034?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no racing! my brakes were squeeking so I saw an ad on craigslist couldnt pass up the deal. I always thought slotted and drilled rotors were awesome.

·
-Administrator- 2002.5 F55 STS 2014 FWD Explorer
66,241 Posts
No - different rotors, different thicknesses, different calipers, different pads, different proportional braking hydraulic pressures.

Again: NO !.

Don't believe me and the websites ??? Talk to Chris in Rippy Cadillac parts tomorrow morning. Vendors ^^^.

Tonight, snoop through www.rockauto.com . Your front and rear rotors are not the same P/N.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
guy paid big bucks for them then car got impounded and been sitting on the shelf for a couple years. thats y they were so cheap.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
4 Participants
acditchbanger