Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac cts
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have or tried this combo? will it work, i believe so? ive read some older threads and they just confuse me. also what tire size. i have the hotchkis tsv stage 1 kit on the car. thank you for any advise in advance. nick

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
hey nick,
you cant PM yet, but the guy to talk to around here is Ody (odysses (sp?) ) ...
i'll shoot him a msg & ask him to come help u out.. hes the resident expert about offset & that stuff.

did u buy the wheels yet?

·
Registered
Cadillac cts
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks man,
i havent bought them yet just tring to set this up for friday. my friend is the sales manager for strada wheels and they just got a new rim in called the a-arm. we were talking about what would be the best b/s. i figured the best place would be here. i am thinking 7.5 because stocks are the same and i dont want to roll fenders or rub up front or... anything really. i also need to pick a tire size. thanks again nick

·
Registered
04 cadillac cts v
5,585 Posts
thanks man,
i havent bought them yet just tring to set this up for friday. my friend is the sales manager for strada wheels and they just got a new rim in called the a-arm. we were talking about what would be the best b/s. i figured the best place would be here. i am thinking 7.5 because stocks are the same and i dont want to roll fenders or rub up front or... anything really. i also need to pick a tire size. thanks again nick
with a 40mm offset you can fit 8.5 inch wide with no problems :thumbsup:

·
Registered
Cadillac cts
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if the rims i wanted came in 18s i would think about it but i think of rims like boob jobs. if im getting the g/f bolt ons it aint going to be a b cup, its got to at least be good C's. not FFF's but good ones

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
245's on any rim diameter will require an offset around 40mm, on the CTS, especially on the front. As long as you keep the diameter the same, you should be fine. 245's will fit on 7.5" wide wheels, but 8" or 8.5" would be better. You'll just have more sidewall curvature (and flex), but if you're putting 20's on, you're not doing it for performance, so it doesn't matter.

245/35R20's should be very close to the V's 245/45R18, in diameter.

·
Registered
Cadillac cts
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok here we go they fit! 225/35/20 i have a hotchkis tvs stage 1. with 3/4 tank of gas and a 180lbs friend in the back an i charged a few r/r tracks and dips. no rub. and more clearance from tire/wheel and susp. in front. hope this helps anyone else they fit perfect. if i knew how id post pics

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
congrats. enjoy. :)

and yah, lets c thosse pics!

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
right here....

to post pics u can either use the code
OR go to "manage attachments" and upload the pic to here & post it ("browse" then select the pic & then "upload")

then others can "oooooo" and "aaaaaahhh" over it

·
Registered
2004 CTS 3.6 Black on Black
53 Posts
Pimpally,

Were you looking for performance as well as look? I imagine you were with the hotchkis upgrades.

So, the 20s worked out well handling wise? Im thinking about getting some new wheels and would like to keep the "sport" aspect of the CTS.

Thanks!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts