Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS, Black Raven. Name: Car-los
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright, for all you people that say that 20s are to big and you will rub if you live in a place with lots of hill, I say your wrong. I just drove from san diego to stockton(sacramento) with 2 people in the back at about 400 pounds and we only had one very little rub. then after every body unpacked I took off and did doughnuts in a food4less parking lot:D

·
Registered
41,011 Posts
Oh and if you had 400 pound people in the backseat, you didn't need to be in the "food4less" parking lot. I'm just sayin. :lol:

You know I :gurl: ya, Juan-a-V!!

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
Rubbing, and having 20's are not directly related. The diameter of the metal part of the wheel is irrelevant. The width of the tire, and the offset of the wheel is what causes the rubbing. The wider the wheel, the more important it is to have the offset correct. If the tire is centered in the wheel well (proper offset) and not wider than the wheel well (width) it's all good. You can have rubbing with 16" wheels on a CTS if you pick the wrong offset and tire width.

When we see rubbing is when people by wheels without regards to proper fit. Also, having the auto-leveling sport suspension makes a big difference. Sticking with 245's and 8" or 8.5" wide wheels (any diameter, as long as the overall tire diameter is less than around 26.5") and around 40mm (+/- 2 or 3mm), and everything fits fine. 245's are about the widest your gonna fit in front without hitting the upper A-arm pinch bolt, or the rear part of the front bumper. In the rear, incorrect offset leads to people 'rolling' their fender seams, or rubbing. Since no one has ever posted a rub-free offset for 275's on the rear of our cars, I'm estimating the correct offset will be around 50mm (+/- 5mm), with much clearance measuring required before purchasing wheels and tires. The issue in the rear is clearing the fender seam on the outside, and the lower trailing arm on the inside.

X

·
0 Posts
I had 18's from the dealer on mine and it rubbed the passenger side rear all the time. I put 20's on her and it has never rubbed yet. I have a very low profile though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts