Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Thunder Gray Chromaflair 2010 CTS-V
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently driving a Thunder Gray Chromaflair 2010 CTS-V with stock painted wheels. I have been considering going to an aftermarket 20" Asanti wheel - model AF 146. Does anyone have any input on the quality or reliability of the Asanti products? What Size wheels would you recommend? Would the Nitto INVO's be a good tire to run and in what size? If anyone has pics they can post of their aftermarket setups - it would be greatly appreciated. Also considering having the calipers powder coated red - thoughts? AF146.jpg

·
Registered
2011 GTR
1,026 Posts
I like the wheels personally. They probably look awesome in black as well. I say no to the red calipers on the cadillac.

I had 20x9 and 20x10.5 on my Silver V. Search my user name and you will see pics.

Mark

·
Registered
Tuner car fanatic..there all good!
1,142 Posts
Before you buy, check out my Thread: "WFO's Photo Shoot".

There many high quality wheel companies, so do your homework.

These V's with their sharp lines and boxy look don't look good with many wheels..be selective. You can make a sweet ride, not so sweet.

I have 21" Modulare Forged and absolutley love them. I had the barrels painted too. It helps manage the cleaning and appearance with brake dust. My wheel guy made sure the look we wanted to accomplish was a flush squared off look. (I think we accomplished that).

Whomever you buy from, just make sure you get an offset that gets the wheels to look squared off and full in the wheel wells like mine are. Not bragging...ok I am. I did it right. No time for a dress rehearsel on wheels.

"Get it right the first time"

Good luck and post up a pic.

·
Registered
09 Escalade
4 Posts
Dont ever get asanti- i got 24" black and chrome af 147 asantis on my escalade and the paint started peeling after a week.... and asanti has no paint warranty!

·
Registered
cts-v coupe thunder gray
46 Posts
I put a set on for a customer of mine last week (don't remember the model # offhand) but they were so heavy, I mean really heavy and that not what you want on a car like the V, you want a performance wheel like for example HRE, they build strong, light wheels that actually also look good, remember it's rolling weight it affects acceleration and braking tremendously, lighter wheels are easier for the car to stop when braking and vice versa are easier for the car to turn when accelerating, I don't consider asanti's a performance wheel

1 - 7 of 7 Posts