Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am lookin to buy 20x8 fwd wire wheels for my 94' Cadillac Deville Concours.
Will these fit on the car without rubbing? It has the skirts on the rear wheels. Would love to be able to put them on it.

Any suggestions about this?
Does anybody have wire wheels on their caddy deville?

Thanks

·
Registered
927 Posts
Metalny516 said:
I am lookin to buy 20x8 fwd wire wheels for my 94' Cadillac Deville Concours.
Will these fit on the car without rubbing? It has the skirts on the rear wheels. Would love to be able to put them on it.

Any suggestions about this?
Does anybody have wire wheels on their caddy deville?

Thanks
as long as the wheels are for a fwd vehicle then you'll have no problem just make sure the offset if right for you caddy

·
Registered
165 Posts
I had a '97 Deville with 20x8 150 spoke rims on it. They only rubbed when turning real sharp. The tires were hitting the black plastic inner fender well protector.

·
Registered
165 Posts
As much as I dealt with rims, I only knew of 3 types of spokes, Deep Dish, Standards and Lip Lace (FWD. The only ones the will fit in the rear fender wells will be the Lip Lace (FWD) Spokes. These are where the actual spokes are lace to the lip on the rim. When getting these, you may consider having these sent with tires already mounted. From 2 previous sets of these spokes I had, I always had leaking problems, that is why I went to an actual 2 piece 20X8 rim. I had 2 different places mount my tires and they 1.) Had problems mounting the tire because of where the spokes were. 2.) gouged the silicone bad when putting the tire on and caused air leakage.

I also tried even using inner tubes and those were getting punctured too. I am not trying to scare you away from spokes, cause I would rather have them than what I have now, I just got tired of my tires being flat. Just warning you and letting you know that by them mounting the tires before you get them, may reduce the chance for leakage because they will check them before being shipped out......Good Luck, they look really good on our Caddy Body Styles.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
anybody know any places or links that sell these fwd 20" fwd spoke rims? even these "lip lace" ones?

What about PLAYER Rims? are those any good? And what do you mean by 2 piece?

I would like to get these 20" spoke rims for my car, but not if there are so many problems with it.

·
Registered
1993 Sixty Special
25 Posts
what about the same rims on a '93 sixty special
I'm looking at the same kind of rims, but the ones that came with the car are 8" wide and rub a little sometimes will the 8.5"'s be worse?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have 20's on my Deville(not a Concours). I actually just got back from putting my rims back on a little while ago. Initally when I put them on I had to do about 4 hours of grinding. There's a lip on the inside of that skirt that's gotta come down and the fender needs to get banged in a little. But they look good as hell once your rollin.

they're 150 spoke wires with 255/35's. 245's are probably fit better but after the modding, the 255's barely rub at all. The ride isn't as bad as I expected. Watch those potholes though.

·
Registered
39 Posts
You're not going to be able to get any really good deals on the internet for wires. i looked forever with no lsuch luck. Your best bet is to get a lowrider magazine and look at the ads. There's easily 10 spots that'll have fwd lip lace wire deals. They come with a hub adaptor that's universal, so fitment's easy. i got my 20's with tires shipped to my door for 1200.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts