Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just did a brake job, pads, rotors, lines and fluid flush. But after bleeding the lines Went back and checked all connections for leaks, found 2. LF and RR where the car metal lines meet the brake lines. Is there a fix for this I don't want to overtighten.
Also I followed the faq bleed istructions but the brakes are still soft. Any tips would be appreciated.
 

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
Joined
·
8,363 Posts
Not sure what to tell you except that the torque specification for the metal to rubber line connection is 13 ft. lbs. and the spec for the connection at the caliper is 25 ft. lbs. Make sure everything clean and not cross threaded.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure what to tell you except that the torque specification for the metal to rubber line connection is 13 ft. lbs. and the spec for the connection at the caliper is 25 ft. lbs. Make sure everything clean and not cross threaded.
Thanks for the info. Do you think teflon tape would help or is brake fluid just going to eat through it? Forgot to mention that they are the UUC stainless lines, if that changes anything
 

·
Registered
CTS-V
Joined
·
572 Posts
teflon will degrade almost immediately.
 

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
Joined
·
8,363 Posts
Thanks for the info. Do you think teflon tape would help or is brake fluid just going to eat through it? Forgot to mention that they are the UUC stainless lines, if that changes anything
teflon will degrade almost immediately.
I just went thorugh the same thing on another vehicle except the leak was at the caliper connection. My research at that time indicated that teflon was not the thing to do. I tried various copper gaskets etc. Ultimately the only thing that worked was making it tighter.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just went thorugh the same thing on another vehicle except the leak was at the caliper connection. My research at that time indicated that teflon was not the thing to do. I tried various copper gaskets etc. Ultimately the only thing that worked was making it tighter.
Thanks for the info. I'll just try taking 'em apart and reseating them sucks to have to do it after all the work I did. Not to mention the fact that the brake fluid will be flowing out of there now.
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top