Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a 1996 Seville SLS, 130,xxx miles.........
I've had the "check oil level" indicator on/off for 3 weeks now. I checked the oil and it's fine. What's strange is that if I start it up and it's on, then I'll simply shut the car off, let it sit for a minute and start it up again where there will be no more light. It seems as though it's intermittant. Is this a known problem with Cadillacs? Is it simply a sender going bad?
Now for the new one. I went to pass someone last night, got into the gas hard for a good 5 seconds, let off and got a check engine light. It said "spped sensor fault" on my display. The code is gone but the check engine light is still on. I stayed at my girlfriend's house last night so I didn't have my scanner to read/clear it. Any ideas on what this is? It's new to me. I've never seen it. Also, I haven't looked yet, but is my OBD port right under the dash? Thanks in advance for any info on this stuff.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
cobrayankee said:
On a 1996 Seville SLS, 130,xxx miles.........
I've had the "check oil level" indicator on/off for 3 weeks now. I checked the oil and it's fine. What's strange is that if I start it up and it's on, then I'll simply shut the car off, let it sit for a minute and start it up again where there will be no more light. It seems as though it's intermittant. Is this a known problem with Cadillacs? Is it simply a sender going bad?
Now for the new one. I went to pass someone last night, got into the gas hard for a good 5 seconds, let off and got a check engine light. It said "spped sensor fault" on my display. The code is gone but the check engine light is still on. I stayed at my girlfriend's house last night so I didn't have my scanner to read/clear it. Any ideas on what this is? It's new to me. I've never seen it. Also, I haven't looked yet, but is my OBD port right under the dash? Thanks in advance for any info on this stuff.
The "check oil level" indicator could easily be a bad sensor or wiring. A little trouble-shooting is your only answer there.
Your second issue is the odd one actually. If I'm understanding you right, you're saying that you have a CEL and NO CODES? If that's the case, chances are you have either a short that's lighting the light, or a bad module.
And finally, yes, the port is under the dash.

·
Registered
97 Seville, Sisters 93 Deville
42 Posts
though you dont need the code reader, to read you codes. You can access them thru the climate control center by pushing warm and off at the same time the codes will then appear in the information center were you are getting the check oil level... i have the same check oil level problem...

·
Registered
1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
4,414 Posts
LOL, When I saw Katshot's post I thought for a moment he was back
**** lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts