Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
'98 STS (Crimson Pearl)
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this qualifies as a kill but it was a s^%t load of fun! Got onto I35 doing my usual 74mph (I dont speed) about a half mile up I see an '80-'81 vette going right to left clearing cars. I think "huh" lets go! I catch up..get on what turns out to be "her" bumper...and the game is on..I let her lead for 5 miles till a Lexus LS450 comes on the freeway and drops in behind me (he can see that me and the vette are playing. We are in the left lane boxed in by a semi on the right. She makes a mistake and doesn't move right when she clears him. I back off long enough to open a hole then go WOT! clear the nose of the rig and go right. I had a fender on her when she started to move right. Good thing she saw I was there! I kept going and by the time I looked down, I was at 125mph...god love a Caddy! They were an 8th back before I let up. They followed and we played the game again several times. When I had to exit, I got a big nod from the Lexus, but I must have hurt the chicks feelings because she wouldn't even look over! Good thing she spent all that money on a "classic vette"

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
haha, sweet, you actually got a Lexus to play! Where on I-35?

·
Registered
'98 STS (Crimson Pearl)
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
coming back north from hwy19....lonsdale, northfield exit...I live in A.V. he got on at hwy 2....Elko exit

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
No way, you're in Apple Valley and I'm in Eagan. Hello neighbor! I love to cruise down Cedar and 42.

·
Registered
'98 STS (Crimson Pearl)
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm just off Gardenview and 140th....why would you cruise 42......I did that 20 years ago...not sure the cruising has improved! Hopkins main street was alway the place to go, I had my 360hp Grand Prix then....we should meet and run sometime.

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
Sure I'm up for it! I'm meetin up with the other MN members this Saturday for a junkyard run, wanna come and meet up with us? I'm down in Apple Valley quite frequently, me and my buddies like to hang out down at "Cobblestone Lake"? Ya know where that is?

·
Registered
'98 STS (Crimson Pearl)
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've read threads abouth your planned run to WI...I would like to look for some clear headlight covers. Mine are not that bad but not that great. I love junk yards. I do know where cobble stone is. It used to be a gravel pit...just like the rest of A.V. If you dont mind an old guy hangin...would love to see your caddys!

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
Cool. PM me with your number or somethin, they're going sometime Saturday afternoon and I'm gonna meet 'em after I get off work for food.

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
Oh no way, you're in real estate too. My mom's been with Coldwell-Banker even before they were Coldwell Banker Burnet...since 1994! She's out of their Inver Grove office.

Small world.

·
Registered
'98 STS (Crimson Pearl)
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah but I work with RE/MAX!...just kidding we are all the same....thats why I drive a Caddy though....gotta look the part!

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
I told my mom she needs like a '74 Continental for hauling clients around in.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts