Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Escalade Ordered!!
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two days in, and about 300 miles of time put into her....Couple of things stand out to me.

1. The stability of the car is unheralded. We are in the process of getting about 6 inches of snow and its as sure footed as can be...I'm looking forward to getting more snow. Bottom line is this car is a beast. Snow storm = no problem!

2. Cue--I've seen a lot of posts putting this in negative light---frankly, I don't get all the negative comments. The touch screen is phenomenal, the navigation is great, and the sensitivity is something that just takes some user time with...not bad at all. I equate the maneuverability / understanding of the system to that of buying a new smart phone with a new operating system---it just takes some playing with to understand and get used to! Bottom line is that the technology in this car is just as good as any german made car---If not better in some regards.

3. The aesthetic of the car speak for themselves---the LIGHTS at nighttime are unreal. I love the icicles on the side of the car too...just beautiful.

I'll keep reporting at time goes on but anyone else have anything they want to bring to the forefront that I may have missed in the past 48 hours of ownership?

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,730 Posts
ROADRUNNER2 said:
I still have the same impressions as you do after 11,000 miles.
Whoa! That's a lot of miles?(coming from somebody with 195k miles on the escalade hybrid).

Have anybody tried the valet mode!

·
Registered
2015i Escalade Premium
408 Posts
I still have the same impressions as you do after 11,000 miles.
So....just a question ....have you experienced the "vibration stuff" I have read about in other posts? I am a potential Escalade buyer but some of those posts have me a bit nervous!

·
Registered
2015i Escalade, 2016 Corvette
70 Posts
I only have about 700 miles on - but yes, I'm good with everything except the back up cameras. No ther issues, and I'm still learning CUE - but so far so good.

·
Registered
2015 ESCALADE ESV 2015 CTS 2018 XT5. 2018 CT6
418 Posts
So....just a question ....have you experienced the "vibration stuff" I have read about in other posts? I am a potential Escalade buyer but some of those posts have me a bit nervous!
No, not a single vibration. Don't be nervous, there are about 30,000 new Escalades on the road and less than 10 owners on this site have the vibration. This would be the first place to go to report a problem and so far not many have. Just give it a good test drive before you sign the papers and you should be able to tell pretty quick.

·
Registered
18 LEXUS LX, 17 Rav4, 15 Escalade ESV, 14 Mercedes, had Vette, 2Cadis, T-B & Chevy
1,041 Posts
Congratulations on new car.

I have over 600 miles in two weeks.
No vibrations. nothing wrong.

my only problems are with design.
1. Forward does not engage when parking unless you shift in reverse and then in drive and stay under 5 MPH.
2. Forward camera doe snot have yellow guidelines on bigger screen only on smaller birds eye view screen.
3. Back up and surround cameras are poor at night. they lenses are low resolution fish eye.
adding light under each of the 4 cameras will improve birds eye view and forward and back cameras as seeing in daylight is OK but Low Res.
need to connect them to cameras or to nightime lights.
4. not difficult using navigation but difficult to save. I wish I could load my Garmin data I have saved over a few decades.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts