Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me preface this by saying my flamesuit is on.

The V is having the front fascia repainted and new grill installed. My interim ride, a loaded Lexus IS350 (leased so I won't mod it - short term to boot) arrived Sunday and I've put about 200 miles on it.

Certainly - we're not comparing apples to apples here - but there are many similarities that I wouldn't have guessed existed.

Let's talk the luxury part of the equation. I hope that when I buy my '10 V the nav and audio are as good as the little IS has. Quite frankly - they're perfect. I have no desire to upgrade the Mark Levinson package, and the nav phuqn works. Voice commands work. Touch screen works easily and is intuitive. This part they have right - and I have no doubt GM can do this as well if not better, should they put their mind(s) to it. BACKUP CAMERA - wife loves it and I have to say I do too.

Controls. Nearly every control, save for shifter, matches the V in terms of location and function. It is odd. The headlight/turn signal stock is nearly identical. Steering wheel controls are great - I've always wished the V had them. Auto sense wipers are likely to be cool, but we'll see how well they actually work. The sunroof switch looks the same as the V but functions better (one touch open and close). Who is copying who here? Bluetooth link - don't know - haven't paired yet. TPS sucks. Tells you when you have a flat (had one yesterday - what is it with driver's rear tires and me?) but doesn't tell you where. Rear window shade is a nice novelty.

Interior fit and finish - come on Cadillac - please jump up to at least the jap car standards. It is VERY GOOD on this car. I can find no fault. None. Seats are comfy. Memory controls great. Power tilt/telescopic keyed to the driver awesome. I like the keyless go thing. Seemed a novelty at first, but I truly like it. Backseat room is tight - but the kids don't mind. Don't get me wrong - the current CTS-V has a nice interior - but it is 90% and with just a touch more effort could seriously rock.

Ride - I said cream puff - that should cover it. Marshmellow? Rolly Polly Olly? Don't kid yourself, this car is nowhere near the twisty athlete the V is. Not even close. Sport package or no - any toysnots that believe otherwise are full of :rolleyes: When the IF arrives, I'll bet it is just as soft around the corners and therefore an also ran on the performance side. Power is decent, and the tranny not terrible for an autotragic. My only hope is that the wife loves the thing and wants it when I'm done with it, which, for the record, was about mid-day yesterday :highfive: Work is paying for this one so I'll drive for a while and enjoy my 20+ mpg and waffly turns with good to great straight line gusto - but goddam if I can't already think of logic and arguments to keep the V (wife will never allow it, so let's not go there).

In the end, I'll miss that incredible 500+ hp sled known as the V, that turns 50% faster, hauls 50% more ass, and looks 50% better - but I know this little sewing machine will keep on sewing long after my 36 month lease is over. It is a pretty damn good ride, I must say, and build quality is just what you'd expect from an overpriced Toyota.

GM - win my heart back. Step up. Let's see that new Vitch walk right over the top of everything else, in EVERY category, and let me drive american again - please?

Bring on the flames.

:alchi:

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
Re: 2 days in a cream puff

i'll race u :stirpot:

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe
1,635 Posts

I love my V but i must say that my 98 GS400 was a pretty nice car, especially after 110k miles. Still love the V but i dont think lexus makes a bad car. I've had a new ES330, RX330 for loan cars and enjoyed the smooth ride of both. I didnt buy the V for comfort and long term reliability though. We'll see with the new V. I've only had mine for about 8 months now so it'll be a while until im back in the market again, but im looking forward to seeing what 09 has to offer

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts

No need to flame, the Lexus will do that on it's own. :D

http://kstp.com/article/stories/S138304.shtml?cat=1

"Flames shot from a luxury car near I-94 and Humboldt in Brooklyn Center late Friday morning, backing up traffic on the major interstate.
Smoke filled the sky just before 10:00 a.m. Authorities arrived on the scene and were able to put out the fire in the Lexus, which was only three months old."

·
Registered
04 ctsV platinum,maggied,rt cats,headers,corsa,stealth tune
4,750 Posts

I can't wait to see you driveing the new car WW,oop's my bad,I won't even notice you.

·
Registered
'05 CTS-VM 51 track days in Maggied V & 82 in Atom 2 in Volt
1,690 Posts

I refuse to drive a car that has as it's emblem a seatbelt.. enjoy your safe car..:thepan:

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
13,987 Posts

Nice review, I must say. (I like it 'cause he still longs for a V's performance. :))

If the '08 CTS is any indication, you may just get the bulk of what you wish for in the '09 and beyond CTS-V. I say "bulk" because there undoubtedly will be some idiosyncracies ... okay, GM will blow it somewhere! ... there, I said it. Yeah, they'll do something that'll let somebody down somewhere. Just don't be the dif, don't be the seats, and don't be anything of any consequence.

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts

:lol:

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

How do you turn off stability/traction on the IS ?

(cough)
With a switch, same as on a V. You know, this isn't the only forum where people are creative - there's always a work around (even if the switch wasn't installed by the manufacturer). Just a little rewire.

Not that I would know yet, because I'm *breaking it* (in), but in park you hold the VIDMSMPKGPBJ switch to disable. For '07, this is reportedly a complete disable. Then place left foot on brake and right foot to floor. Watch smoke. Pretty funny, really, not that I've tried it :lildevil:

WW

(PS - I have lifetime tire replacement included in my lease :histeric: )

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

I refuse to drive a car that has as it's emblem a seatbelt.. enjoy your safe car..:thepan:
There's a (slim) chance the flower can't be repaired by the dealer soon enough to not be an orange case, if you catch my drift.

If that is the case, I have an inside line - known as a connection - for a very soon to be available:

G

T

I won't be able to pass it up...not with this connection and not once the new joint closes.

urby will be pissed if I pull the trigger...or plug....errr...whatever

WW

·
Registered
41,011 Posts

My last vehicle was a Lexus and I really liked it; it was a very nice automobile. Somehow though,it lacked the cachet of the Caddy and that "emo" connection. I freakin' LOVE my CTS.

Glad you're enjoying the new ride, Bill.

·
Registered
4,750 Posts

We want to hear all about that first Accord kill bro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,750 Posts

Just poken a little fun at the ricer

·
Registered
1,661 Posts

No need to flame, the Lexus will do that on it's own. :D

http://kstp.com/article/stories/S138304.shtml?cat=1

"Flames shot from a luxury car near I-94 and Humboldt in Brooklyn Center late Friday morning, backing up traffic on the major interstate.
Smoke filled the sky just before 10:00 a.m. Authorities arrived on the scene and were able to put out the fire in the Lexus, which was only three months old."
And the genius bought another Lexus, to find out why the 1st one blew up:alchi::alchi:. Toyota got him whipped!

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Hey now, only I (THAT MEANS ME) can poke fun at this ricer...I was thinking maybe an Evo or Sti wing might get me another 10 HP or so?

Phug if I don't wish I had not listened to Mrs. Wheel...I'd be in a, well, a, V? No...actually, if I hadn't been *sensible* letters like AMG would be here instead of IS.

WW

1 - 20 of 74 Posts