Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
CS-V
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apologize in advanced if this is duplicate information….

The B&B failed the wifey test...

At 80 mph freeway cruising speed in 6th (2000 +/- RPM’s) is right at the loudest point for this system (B&B w/ X pipe). Anyone else notice this? On of my buddies said the easy answer to this problem is to cruise at 95…

How much difference does change the X-Pipe for the resonator make? I love the sound but it draws just a little more attention that I need at times.

·
Registered
04 CTS-V R.I.P.
1,234 Posts
I have a resonator lying around in the garage since I installed the X-pipe. Let me know if you're interested.

-Gilbert

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
It does tone things down but it still has a raw sound about it. Kind of like the difference of layin' a big ole stinker while laying down to one that you really have to push to rip while you're sitting upright. Kind of.

P.S. It does quiet down after a few hundred miles and gets all carboned up.

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
How many miles since you put it on? Give it some time (if the wife will let you). Surprisingly, the tone changes quite a bit once things get loaded up with carbon - but this takes 1,000+ miles.

Otherwise, the resonator (3") is somewhat quieter, and I believe the 2.5" resonator is substantially quieter (thought I don't actually have first hand knowledge of the 2.5" resonator section).

·
Registered
CS-V
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wildwhl said:
How many miles since you put it on? Give it some time (if the wife will let you). Surprisingly, the tone changes quite a bit once things get loaded up with carbon - but this takes 1,000+ miles.

Otherwise, the resonator (3") is somewhat quieter, and I believe the 2.5" resonator is substantially quieter (thought I don't actually have first hand knowledge of the 2.5" resonator section).
Good info. can always tell her the resonators are on back order...

·
Registered
'05 CTS-VM 51 track days in Maggied V & 82 in Atom 2 in Volt
1,690 Posts
You mean you let your wife ride in your car? Just kidding..:D

mine mellowed out over time..

Turn up the XM..
Run a gear lower with the boss..

I bought the x pipe for the track and and will run the resonator off season.. if there is an off season..

·
Registered
281 Posts
My X pipe was awesome but it droned way too much between 1000 and 2000 rpm so I switched it out for the resonator. It's a huge improvement droan-wise with the resonator but I do miss the more aggressive sound of the X pipe when higher in the rpm range.

·
Registered
45 Posts
:rofl: :rofl: Ok, I just pissed myself

thebigjimsho said:
It does tone things down but it still has a raw sound about it. Kind of like the difference of layin' a big ole stinker while laying down to one that you really have to push to rip while you're sitting upright. Kind of.

·
Registered
'04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V, '13ZL1, '12 V, '16 Z06 SC757
6,440 Posts
My wife didn't pass the X-Pipe test. God I miss her. :lildevil: :crying:

·
Registered
58 Posts
I changed from the BB 3" resonator to the 2.5" touring resonator. Eliminated the drone and sounds nice on throttle. I recommend this combo.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts