Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow 2.8L owners. I just wanted to let you guys know that there's a guy/company in Idaho that's selling upgraded Turbochargers for our vehicles. Stock is a 15t but we can upgrade to a 19t with a straight swap. Anything bigger than that would require a tune.

He also does a $150 core if you send your original back.

I changed mine, & it definitely gives the vehicle a extra boost for sure!

If you own a SRX Turbo, then you probably know it's a Saab engine; that said, I watched a couple of videos on YouTube of guys swapping it in their Saab & it's basically an identical process for our vehicles.

I've basically changed EVERY part on the SRX Premium turbo LAU (Water pump, Alternator, Serpentine Belt, Radiator & all the hoses & tees, Engine Coolant pipe, Oil pressure sensor, Coolant Temp sensor, 02 sensors, Coolant reservoir tank, thermostat, rear turbo exhaust pipe, & the Turbocharger 馃槼So I have knowledge of it in the literal sense.

Here's the TURBO.

Registered
2012 SRX4 Premium
A Saab engine you say? That surely is curious and news to me. I don't do turbos though. Bought an SRX with the 3.6. Plenty of ponies and none of that extra plumbing to get in the way and increasing maintenance costs. Glad it all worked out for you though. That's pretty impressive to get that all to work. So no idiots lights on or other functions not working?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's pretty impressive to get that all to work. So no idiots lights on or other functions not working?
馃榿 (I love "idiot lights"! Hahaha)

But yeah, no idiot lights of any kind or codes. I did have a knock sensor code, but I failed to mentioned that I changed that as well. Thankfully it was bank 2 which is the lesser of the 2 evils.

& as @WILLY92 said, it is true! We Turbo owners have a Saab dressed hop as a Cadillac SRX!..

For the life of me, for a couple years I couldn't figure out why I could NEVER find anything that looked remotely close as it related to different little issues that would arise in the car; I'd pulled up a thread, see the issue & look at the "how to", but then say,,, "wait, my engine looks nowhere near like this SRX 馃槼"

& then somehow, I finally stumbled across someone that said, "These are Saab engines", & sure enough,,,,,,,,,,, yep...

2014 SRX Performance FWD
2014 SRX Performance FWD
Full disclosure: I've owned Saabs for 20 years... "The 2.8-litre turbo unit is based on GM鈥檚 new 鈥榞lobal鈥 V6 architecture, which will also be the basis for next-generation V6 Opel and Alfa Romeo engines. Although much of the development work was carried out by Holden in Australia, Saab says it was closely involved during the 鈥榗onceptual design and development鈥, mainly because Saab is GM鈥檚 centre of excellence for turbocharging...." Saab 9-3 2.8 Turbo | Autocar

1 - 7 of 7 Posts