Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
good evening.

my friend got a problem with his 08 CTS 08 2.8 engine. and due to the lack of parts in my country. i need a good alternative for it. preferably a chevy engine, maximum a 3.0 v6

thanks

·
Registered
08 CTS DI
2,521 Posts
good evening.

my friend got a problem with his 08 CTS 08 2.8 engine. and due to the lack of parts in my country. i need a good alternative for it. preferably a chevy engine, maximum a 3.0 v6

thanks
Check again, I do not see a 2.8L listed for the 08 CTS. It is listed for as late as the 07 CTS. If the SAAB 9-3, and Suzuki XL7 are more readily available in your area they should be a source for the 2.8L. The 3.6L is the only engine option I see offered for 08 and regardless of the brand, they are all GM/Chevy motors.

·
Registered
2010 CTS 2.8 Sport Luxury
8 Posts
The gen 2 CTS was sold in Europe with either the 3.6 DI engine or the 2.8 as a carry over from the first gen. As you say it was also used in the Saab 9-3 and the near identical Cadillac BLS.
I have found parts reasonably easy to find through UK suppliers.
I think the reason the 2.8 was used is that in many countries in Europe cars of 3 litres or more are heavily taxed. In the UK it makes no difference as for either engine we have to pay £580 annual road tax on top of crazy petrol prices!
The main advantage of the 2.8 is that it has the FE2 suspension whereas the 3.6 was only sold with the FE3 set up which is just too hard for poor English roads.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts