Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Actually, I didnt measure it but the shaft of the Magnussen
has a step in it. When you pull the pulley, you will see that there is a line half way up the shaft, about 3/8". Probably less than 0.002"deep. If you can get a shop to Skim the lead in of the pulley, it should go on.

Also, I went to the 2.8. Running into third the V falls flat for an instant. I attribute that to belt slip. In my opinion, the V belt at these smaller diameters just doesent have anough "surface" to keep a grab on the pulley. The smaller the pulley, the worse the problem. It should have been a cog belt.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Luna. said:
That's interesting. The belt practically wraps around the pulley to (hopefully) alleviate this exact problem. I suppose the solution is to change to a different belt.

Are you sure that isn't just in need of a tune? Your air/fuel ratios will go to the toilet when you change to the smaller pulley. I had to have a whole new tune once I went to the smaller (but correct) 2.8" pulley.
Did the same thing with the 3" only not quite as bad. ( I have the stealth tune)My guess is that between shifts on/off the gas the belt jumps from the change. Im sure there is plenty of inertia in the blower shafts. It seems a bit worse whan its cold. I ll have to strap my video camera in there and see what its doing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.