Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2014 ATS
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the rear exhaust facia available somewhere when converting from the single outlet to the dual outlet? Also is there a dual outlet muffler that simply replaces the factory single outlet? Thanks.

·
Registered
14 ATS 2.0/11 Camaro SS
200 Posts
I believe, Cadillac sells the fascia and dual exhaust upgrade for the 2.5l. Almost positive I saw it in the accessories catalog at the dealer last saturday

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sorry for resurrecting an old thread. Has anyone successfully gotten the 2.5 dual exhaust? I inquired through my.cadillac accessories quote on the website but haven't heard anything yet. I'll try calling in the next day or two. I think an intake and exhaust to net an extra 10-15 HP would be pretty nice for my gf's 2.5

·
Registered
2011SRX,2015ATS RWD base 2.0
519 Posts
Sorry for resurrecting an old thread. Has anyone successfully gotten the 2.5 dual exhaust? I inquired through my.cadillac accessories quote on the website but haven't heard anything yet. I'll try calling in the next day or two. I think an intake and exhaust to net an extra 10-15 HP would be pretty nice for my gf's 2.5
If I am not mistaken that kit is for show only and does not increase performance on the 2.5.

·
Registered
2014 ATS 3.6 Premium RWD, 2016 Corvette Z06, 2018 GMC Sierra Denali 2500HD Diesel
2,665 Posts
For most vehicles adding a dual exhaust will increase sound but not engine performance. Catalytic converters are restrictive enough in most cases no matter what you add (or actually remove) after them will have little ability to reduce back pressure/increase flow. As an example the optional NPP optional exhaust for the current Corvette provides only a 5 HP (only about 1 percent) increase over the base exhaust and it does so by pretty much bypassing the muffler in favor of a straight through pipe when open making a LOT more sound but only a little more power.

Even a lot of V6 and V8 engines have a single pair of cats fed by a common Y pipe from both banks with only more performance oriented models using true duals from front to back.

There is nothing wrong with upgrading the exhaust for improved styling and a sound increase but don't expect one to noticeably impact power input from the 2.5L I4. It isn't like the late 60s/early 70s in those pre-cat days when an exhaust system could often unlock some pretty big performance numbers. Modern diesel engines are so flow and sound restricted by the DPF (diesel particulate filter) that the only gain from removing one is a slight weight reduction. I was driving my 2018 GMC with the windows down in the nice weather Saturday and it is the first time its turbo was audible unlike its 2006 predecessor which made itself known through sound every time it was winding up or spinning down.

Below is an image of a GM NPP exhaust option and in the performance setting the valves on the outer two pipes are open allowing straight through flow; in quieter modes these valves can shut forcing the exhaust to exit via perforations in the straight through pipes in the muffler chamber which then must exit through baffling via the inner two pipes. Non-supercharged models of the Corvette also have special sound control valves (denoted by the red arrow) which make the exhaust sound less crummy when the engine goes from V8 to V4 mode; those are left off the higher performance variants because they quickly succumb to high exhaust heat.

For those of us who leave our exhaust system in the track setting we only very rarely have to clean the inner exhaust tips because almost nothing flows through them.

Attachments

·
Registered
Mercedes C300 Luxury - ATS retired (torque coverter shudder)
726 Posts
While I'm happy with the 2.5's performance (for what it is) it's wheeze isn't a sound I want to amplify..

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.5
104 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts