Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96' Eldorado, 00' Volvo 770 N14+ 525HP
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to do the exhaust from the cat back, and need some advice.

Im looking at some Hooker mufflers or maybe some Flowmaster series 44, havent decided yet tho. Now when I go to change the piping diameter should I get rid of the resonator or leave it? Im aiming for a low toned mustang, ss camaro, muscle car sound. Also would I get a lower tone with 2 1/4 rather than 2 1/2" piping all the way back?

Ive never heard a caddy with an exhaust other than Jasons ETC vid clip.
Think my muffler choices are gonna give me the sound Im after or is there other brands you would suggest?

·
Registered
White Diamond 2001 STS
1,317 Posts
I think 2.5" piping all the way back should be "sufficient". I think the OE piping was 2.5" (or possibly 2.25") back to the y-pipe, then 2" pipes to each muffler.

I'm not a fan of Flowmaster, but exhaust sounds are obviously very subjective. From what I've heard on here (literally, exhaust clips), you're not going to get a real low, deep tone (like a large pushrod V-8 might make). I think the lowest (in tone) you'll get is probably a Dynomax Super Turbo.

Personally, I like mufflers from Borla, Edelbrock, and the Dynomax Ultra Flow line. Most mufflers will actually "flow" better than Flowmaster. As far as sound, the best-sounding Northstar exhaust I've heard is someone's Edelbrock with Dynomax Super Turbos. Low and mellow, not too loud, but noticeable.

All 100% subjective obviously...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts