Cadillac Owners Forum banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
14 ATS 2.0/11 Camaro SS
200 Posts
Just doesnt seem to make any sense to have it dual out of the resonator, especially on a 4 cylinder. I'd love to know why they did this on some cars.

·
Registered
Charger Scat Pack- Auto/Corvette LS3-Auto
2,423 Posts
Sound abatement would be my guess. Remember your average driver does NOT like loud exhaust.

·
Registered
ATS 2.0T RWD FE3
4,561 Posts
Sound abatement would be my guess. Remember your average driver does NOT like loud exhaust.
More simple than that I would guess. It was to show-off(they did openly invite auto-journos to advertise the underside of this car prior to release, frequently), or someone made a case for it initially for performance reasons but then it didn't pass through for the next MY when some parts are revised to make them easier to manufacture. They also learn what works and what can be made different to ease parts supply. This kind of stuff happens all the time in new model releases.

Just doesnt seem to make any sense to have it dual out of the resonator, especially on a 4 cylinder. I'd love to know why they did this on some cars.
It's not a N/A 4 cylinder though, it's a turbo. less back pressure in the exhaust is a good thing. Cadillac isn't the first to do this. . .

·
Registered
18 Coupe, turbo, auto, dp,E 85,tune
825 Posts
Maybe it is that only the package matters. I have a Performance pkg w/manual and it's dual exhaust. Does anyone with a Standard pkg 2.0T have duals? Luxury?

·
Registered
14 ATS 2.0/11 Camaro SS
200 Posts
I have a Luxury with single pipe, I figure if this was a Performance package upgrade it would be a listed feature

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0T Premium RWD 6MT
637 Posts
EmeryZ28 said:
where is the build date located on these?
open driver door and look at silver GM sticker that has date, weight, and VIN

my '14 was built on 07/13, exact build date is on your build sheet, mine was 07/10/2013

·
Registered
18 Coupe, turbo, auto, dp,E 85,tune
825 Posts
My build date is 10/13. Looks like the early cars had duals, which they rationed out after the 2013 model year.

·
Registered
2014 2.0t AWD
276 Posts
I think there was a design change somewhere along the way. If you look up the exhaust system online for a 2014 it lists 2 different part numbers:

Part Number: 22926872 muffler & pipe 2.0 LITER TURBO, 1st design

Part Number: 23184404 muffler & pipe 2.0 LITER TURBO, 2nd design

For a 2013 there is only 1 part number: 22926872

So my guess is the 22926872 is the dual inlet, which got replaced with the single sometime during '14 production. Once they make the '15 parts catalog available I bet the 23184404 will be the only one listed.

·
Registered
14 ATS 2.0/11 Camaro SS
200 Posts
mine has single and the build date is 6/14, which makes me feel good that it is a later 2014 when it comes to the blown engine woes that 13 cars and a few early 14's had!

·
Registered
2015 2.0T, AWD, Premium Coupe
319 Posts
Old thread I know but still relevant,
I always thought my '15 coupe was louder on startup compared to my '14 Sedan ,
The coupe is single while the sedan had the double , the other thing I noticed is that on the sedan the dual outlet middle resonator seems a lot larger than the one on the sedan

·
Registered
XTS VSport-550+ lb-ft of torque, ATS 2.0T AWD HPTuners tuned
2,694 Posts
What is the growth in the exhaust after the trans but before the resonator?

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0T
46 Posts
You got a 2.0t?? , go out and look at your exhaust

ok so i have a 14 luxury 2.0t auto trans. seems so far i have the only car with a single exhaust pipe all the way from the turbo to the muffler. everyone else who i have asked theirs is single to the resonator then dual into the muffler. (just like pic below) my car is the exhaust come out of the resonator on the pass side then into the muffler. pic at bottom kinda shows you can see single pipe going into muffler.

I have a 2014 Luxury as well but I have the dual pipes to the boat anchor

·
Registered
5 Posts
Re: You got a 2.0t?? , go out and look at your exhaust

badges are ugly and stupid IMO so they had to go away. all of my vehicles get debadged. also i will never buy a car with a dealer sticker on it.
I wouldn't go so far as to remove the ATS or 2.0T badges from my car, I like them, but the dealer badges are another story. I refused to sign the papers at the dealer and made the salesman peel it off letter by letter right in front of me before we went back inside to finalize the deal.

·
Registered
2013 Luxury ATS 2.0T Manual
661 Posts
I wouldn't go so far as to remove the ATS or 2.0T badges from my car, I like them, but the dealer badges are another story. I refused to sign the papers at the dealer and made the salesman peel it off letter by letter right in front of me before we went back inside to finalize the deal.
I know a guy who, when he went to pick up his Cadillac after buying it, they were drilling holes into the trunk to attach a dealer plaque. He made them swap the car out with an undrilled one.

·
Registered
Charger Scat Pack- Auto/Corvette LS3-Auto
2,423 Posts
Here is my Magna Flow setup

I removed the 2nd unmonitored cat.

61 - 80 of 80 Posts