Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
POS 2.0T 3 blown motors
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
You got a 2.0t?? , go out and look at your exhaust

ok so i have a 14 luxury 2.0t auto trans. seems so far i have the only car with a single exhaust pipe all the way from the turbo to the muffler. everyone else who i have asked theirs is single to the resonator then dual into the muffler. (just like pic below) my car is the exhaust come out of the resonator on the pass side then into the muffler. pic at bottom kinda shows you can see single pipe going into muffler.

Attachments

·
Registered
POS 2.0T 3 blown motors
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My 2014 2.0T auto Luxury has only one pipe to the muffler. Looks just like yours.

i knew i couldnt be the only one. now i wonder what the 15s have? i would assume same single pipe. i would figure they went to save$ and weight as prob as minimal effect on hp.

·
Registered
2014 ATS 3.6 Premium RWD, 2016 Corvette Z06, 2018 GMC Sierra Denali 2500HD Diesel
2,470 Posts
I expect it was to save cost and weight given that a single pipe of reasonable diameter will easily handle the flow at that point in the system without adding additional back-pressure.

·
Registered
'16 CTS V-Sport Black/'16 CTS Luxury w/V-Sport Pkg White
5,784 Posts
My '14 has two..... The single pipe exhaust looks like the gm dual exhaust upgrade for the 2.5 if I were to guess once gm came out with this upgrade they made it standard equipment for the luxury trim and the more enthusiast oriented trims like performance and premium and manuals get the dual.... Just a guess though

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0T
193 Posts
My '14 has two..... The single pipe exhaust looks like the gm dual exhaust upgrade for the 2.5 if I were to guess once gm came out with this upgrade they made it standard equipment for the luxury trim and the more enthusiast oriented trims like performance and premium and manuals get the dual.... Just a guess though
We are talking about the INLET pipe or pipes, NOT the outlet pipes.

·
Registered
'14 ATS 2.0T Lux 6sp Manual
79 Posts
Re: You got a 2.0t?? , go out and look at your exhaust

ok so i have a 14 luxury 2.0t auto trans. seems so far i have the only car with a single exhaust pipe all the way from the turbo to the muffler. everyone else who i have asked theirs is single to the resonator then dual into the muffler. (just like pic below) my car is the exhaust come out of the resonator on the pass side then into the muffler. pic at bottom kinda shows you can see single pipe going into muffler.
Just to be certain - can you post a picture of YOUR ENGINE? I don't see any 2.0T badges on the back of your car (of course I don't see an ATS badge either). Did you buy it used?

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0T
193 Posts
The issue is the number of INLET pipes into the muffler and not the number of OUTLET pipes in the rear bumper cover.

·
Registered
POS 2.0T 3 blown motors
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: You got a 2.0t?? , go out and look at your exhaust

Just to be certain - can you post a picture of YOUR ENGINE? I don't see any 2.0T badges on the back of your car (of course I don't see an ATS badge either). Did you buy it used?
no i bought the car brand new. i know its a ATS & 2.0t dont need a reminder. badges are ugly and stupid IMO so they had to go away. all of my vehicles get debadged. also i will never buy a car with a dealer sticker on it. i make them remove it before i sign the papers. unless they wanna give me $100 a month for being their rolling billboard.

----------

i would have to side with wookie. i think they built to many 2.5 "upgrade" exhaust and on the auto cars they are installing them as they "less" performance oriented. gm does stuff like this all the time. the G8s gxp have CTS-V fronts wheels on all 4 corners as gm had way to many. on the vettes only the man trans non verts grandsports get the dry sump oil system as they are the performance version. ie a vert auto is not a "real" track car.

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0T RWD, DP, Intake, HPT, CC
2,401 Posts
Looks like a good excuse to install some high flow cats and true duals. :)

·
Registered
POS 2.0T 3 blown motors
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looks like a good excuse to install some high flow cats and true duals. :)
allready have TRS fabrication catless Downpipe. not sure what i want to do with the rest of the exhaust. no matter what i do it wont be what i truly want. but ill never be able to make this 4banger sound like my cammed vette. main thing for me is not to sound ricer and i don not want to hear it inside the car unless WFO.

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0T RWD, DP, Intake, HPT, CC
2,401 Posts
allready have TRS fabrication catless Downpipe. not sure what i want to do with the rest of the exhaust. no matter what i do it wont be what i truly want. but ill never be able to make this 4banger sound like my cammed vette. main thing for me is not to sound ricer and i don not want to hear it inside the car unless WFO.
Free Flowing doesn't have to be loud. The turbo kills a ton of noise so we're ahead of the game. I've kept my cars quiet although I did have an electric cutout on my Z28 for the occasional time I wanted it loud.

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0L Performance RWD
406 Posts
I'm showing an OE number change during 2014; 2013 models and early 2014s got 23135974, where as later models got 23184404. I was wondering why GM didn't do this in the first place, just like the 3rd/4th gen f-bodies

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0T
193 Posts
I'm showing an OE number change during 2014; 2013 models and early 2014s got 23135974, where as later models got 23184404. I was wondering why GM didn't do this in the first place, just like the 3rd/4th gen f-bodies
What is the VIN # break-point for the 2014's please ?

1 - 20 of 80 Posts