Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
POS 2.0T 3 blown motors
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2.0t engine failures!!! How many of you have had your 2.0t engine fail more than once? My car is 2014 12k miles total 3rd engine just blew up. They are acting like no one else has this prob I've seen several people reporting multiple failures. Please message me if you've had at least 2 failures. Or if your a tech at dealer and seen how many of these motors keep blowing up!!!

This list of failures in the ats section is over 50 different members now with at least one engine failure!!

·
Registered
2015 ATS 2.0T Luxury
40 Posts
I think you qualify for lemon law. Money back or take another ATS, maybe V6? Keep in mind that 2015 are much, much better than '13 and '14.

·
Registered
'13 SRX4 Performance
251 Posts
2.0t engine failures!!! How many of you have had your 2.0t engine fail more than once? My car is 2014 12k miles total 3rd engine just blew up. They are acting like no one else has this prob I've seen several people reporting multiple failures. Please message me if you've had at least 2 failures. Or if your a tech at dealer and seen how many of these motors keep blowing up!!!

This list of failures in the ats section is over 50 different members now with at least one engine failure!!
I've had 3 different vehicles with the 2.0T ('12 Regal GS with 30K miles, '14 ATS with 9K miles & '14 CTS with 12K miles) all purchased brand new and never had one issue with any of them.

·
Registered
Cadillac CT6 (2019)
2,280 Posts
And maybe your dealer is clueless as to 2L engine problems but GM has stepped up and issued a recall (fix).

·
Registered
'14 CTS 2.0 Luxury AWD, 2017 XT5 AWD
1,415 Posts
Mine is running flawlessly. What part failed?

When you say it blew up, do you mean parts of the engine came thru the hood of the car and went 500 feet into the air? Did the gas tank catch on fire and you barely escaped with just 2nd degree burns. Or what do you mean, exactly? Why didn't this make the nightly news as the fire department came to put out this firestorm?

·
Registered
2006, 2014 CTS, Currently 2018 XT5
344 Posts
Mine is running flawlessly. What part failed?

When you say it blew up, do you mean parts of the engine came thru the hood of the car and went 500 feet into the air? Did the gas tank catch on fire and you barely escaped with just 2nd degree burns. Or what do you mean, exactly? Why didn't this make the nightly news as the fire department came to put out this firestorm?
I have questions also,

Your 3rd engine just blew??
When you say 3rd engine, Do you mean the dealer has put 3 BRAND NEW "CRATE" engines in your car and all 3 have "Blown Up"?
Or did they only work on the original engine and it is still not running right?

I also have the 2.0T and have zero problems with it.

·
Registered
97 Eldo ETC,98 STS,04 SRX N*,06 STS N*,14 CTS VSport Premium, 17 CTS Vsport Prem Lux
1,019 Posts
I have questions also,

Your 3rd engine just blew??
When you say 3rd engine, Do you mean the dealer has put 3 BRAND NEW "CRATE" engines in your car and all 3 have "Blown Up"?
Or did they only work on the original engine and it is still not running right?

I also have the 2.0T and have zero problems with it.
You should do a search of the OP's posts. He talks in great detail about his experiences.

·
Registered
2006, 2014 CTS, Currently 2018 XT5
344 Posts
You should do a search of the OP's posts. He talks in great detail about his experiences.
I took your advice and looked. Most of his posts are on the ATS forum which I don't read since I don't have the ATS. He speaks a lot of piston failures. What really stood out with me was while the dealer was replacing his SECOND engine, The engine in the LOANER car blew. I don't know what to say concerning the engine failures. One thing i'm certain of is I don't want to ride in the same plane with him.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,470 Posts
If you dig in deeper, the OP has modded his engines considerably, drives the snot out of the car, and complains when stuff breaks. And asks GM to cover his mistakes for free - under "warranty" when the warranty is voided by his attempts at unauthorized modifications .................

Unless I miss my guess by a country mile, he made every attempt to ruin the loaner car, too.

·
Registered
97 Eldo ETC,98 STS,04 SRX N*,06 STS N*,14 CTS VSport Premium, 17 CTS Vsport Prem Lux
1,019 Posts
You're all correct. I just didn't want to say it!!!

·
Registered
05 CTS 3.6l
24 Posts
My engine failed at 5000 miles. 2014 Cadillac CTS, they replaced it and I haven't had any issues yet. At 8000 miles.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts