Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac ATS
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all. I've got a 2014 Opulent Blue Base ATS, 2.0T, Auto with 10,800 miles on it. I just want to share my concerns/frustrations with this car. First off, this is my first brand new car. I owned an '05 Corvette prior to the ATS purchase with 9k miles on it. I want to also say, I have owned 6 GM vehicles. I have officially had my ATS in the shop more than all my other 6 GM vehicles combined. Over 200k miles combined on those other 6 I'd say. I have always put 93 octane fuel from "premium" brand stations in my cars. Build date 02/14.

1st dealer trip (odo 96 miles): Replaced all 4 wheel sensors as they were all bad somehow.

2nd dealer trip (odo 330 miles): Very loud rattling/pining noise coming from engine. Car was at the dealer for 3 days, 100 miles driven and they stated they could never hear the problem... Magically never heard it again after I got the car back.

3rd dealer trip (odo 1944 miles): Instrument cluster would randomly not come on upon start up. The LCD screen would come on but needle gauges would not. They said this was a simple reprogramming fix.

4th dealer trip (odo 2280 miles): Replacement of instrument cluster as the reprogramming did not work.

5th dealer trip (odo 10,761 miles): WooHoo! I made it almost 8000 miles without a dealer trip besides at 7500 for an oil change, but this is the one that is sending me over the edge. I started hearing a screeching squealing noise coming from under the hood. It was only when the vehicle was under load so low RPM acceleration AND once the car was good and warmed up (25+ mile trip). This was all outlined to the service manager very thoroughly. After 2 days at the dealer I get a call with "we can't find any issues with your car"... So, I pulled up my onstar app and they drove the car 1 mile and let the car idle 2.5 gallons of gas out of the tank... WHAT A JOKE. I called back HOT. I asked the service manager if he listened to anything I stated when I dropped it off and if he had, why they didn't drive the car for 25+ miles. He came up with a bunch of excuses why they couldn't do that... He finally agreed to have a porter drive the car and bring it back to the dealer once he heard the squealing noise. 1 day passes and I get another call, "we drove the car 23 miles and could not find any issue with it at all"... I elected to go pick my car up at that point since they were obviously either A) calling me a liar and there is no noise or B) incompetent enough to fix it. Picked my car up this morning. I live 29 miles from the closest dealer. Upon my drove home, at 26 miles my car began making the noise. By the time I got home, it was :mad2: ... I immediately recorded a video and called the dealer, they stated "I really wish you would have turned around and come back to the dealer" like I don't have a job or anything...... The noise is coming from the turbo and sounds like a bearing that's burning up...

Video: https://att.box.com/s/iig0jywd9whffztadn8fbp6mlg50rjtq

6th dealer trip: I will be taking it back in for the issue above.

I'm pretty underwhelmed with this car so far.. I felt like I had to vent my frustrations..

Also, the 2015 2.0T Luxury ATS loaner with 400 miles on it felt 50hp slower than mine (which is bone stock), shifts were dog slow, and CUE took 5 seconds to switch between presets (drove me nuts, lol)....

GM, WHAT IS HAPPENING HERE????

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac ATS
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea.. tell me about it. Build date is 02/14. I forgot to mention in the long rant above that the gauges are still not turning on randomly with the replacement. They said there was another software update...

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0L AWD
14 Posts
Sorry to hear of your problems. We've had ours going on a month now and so far no problems. Everything working as it should. We just turned 9500 miles on her.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts