Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2016 ATS 2.0T auto
135 Posts
Update #1: My car didn't do it today. Very strange. The only thing that is different is that I hit empty this morning and filled up at a different station (Mobile this time). Could this be extended knock retard? Can the ECM enable KR for an extended period of time? Would it feel like no boost? Could this be caused by a bad tank of gas?

Appt with dealer is next week. I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
ATS
1 Posts
Took my wife's car in for what sounds like the same issue on this past Monday. "Luckily" the check engine light came on roughly at the same time the turbo seemed to have issues. It turned out to be a Camshaft Actuator Solenoid. It threw a P0013-00 code. Seems to have corrected the problem after replacement.

·
Registered
2016 ATS 2.0T auto
135 Posts
Took my wife's car in for what sounds like the same issue on this past Monday. "Luckily" the check engine light came on roughly at the same time the turbo seemed to have issues. It turned out to be a Camshaft Actuator Solenoid. It threw a P0013-00 code. Seems to have corrected the problem after replacement.
I just got my car back yesterday. They couldn't replicate the issue so they really couldn't fix anything. All they did was update the ECM software to the latest version. However, the issue happened to me again soon after leaving the dealer. I was pretty frustrated, but as you said, "luckily" the check engine light came on this morning which should make it easier for them to diagnose. Car is going back in tomorrow morning. I will ask them to check the camshaft actuator solenoid. Thanks for the info. I'll keep you guys posted.

·
Registered
2016 ATS 2.0T auto
135 Posts
Got my car back for the second time. Same code and part as you, WifesATS. Thanks for the post. Dealer said they have seen a few of these issues. Looks like this is a problem to watch for in the 2.0.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had this problem with my 2013 2.0 ATS. This thread was a tremendous help. Power would be fine when I would first start driving but soon after my turbo would not boost at all. Turned out to be the VVT sensors (camshaft solenoid). Changed both with replacement parts from amazon for $30 and it only took 5 minutes to change. Fixed my problems. Hopefully people with this problem come across this thread.

·
Registered
ATS 2.0T Luxury AWD
268 Posts
this may sound stupid but if they removed the plug on the turbo boost sensor (located on the backside of the pipe that goes into your throttle body from the intercooler) and had any power running through your system it will throw a code that doesnt activate your CEL but it will limit boost almost like limp mode. unplug that sensor, take it out and make sure its clean (no oil from blow by which changes the temperature that the sensor reads and might also adjust boost and air/fuel mixtures) put it in and plug it back up. then use a scanner or hp tuners to remove any codes and you might be surprised that the power returns. this happened to me a few times in the past. the dealership had no idea it even happened.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts