Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has been going on for quite awhile at one point the dealer put a new turbo in the car and it fine for a little while but now it's back. It was running 13 seconds+ to 60 before the turbo was replaced. The car runs great in the morning when you take off. After I drive about 40 miles and exit the freeway I really notice the car is down on power. So much in fact I grabbed my cell phone and used the timer to record a 0-60 run of 8.3. I've taken this in multiple times for this issue and on Thursday I had the service manager drive it with myself in it. He said he didn't notice anything unusual and since there was no check engine engine light there was nothing he can do. I told him he needs to drive the service loaner 2015 they gave me and get back to me as this car isn't performing correctly. So far I haven't heard anything

Any of you guys have a similar issue? I have a year lease with plenty of miles left on this car but I am ready to be done with it

·
Registered
2014 2.0t AWD
276 Posts
There are a lot of possibilities. One thing that comes to mind is when it's cold it's running open loop, so it ignores the O2 sensors. Does the car hesitate/stumble at all at higher RPMs when power is down? What happens if you floor it - does it pick up again? The least the dealer can do is spend a few minutes doing some good old fashioned diagnostics. Seems like some tech today are clueless unless the CEL is on.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are a lot of possibilities. Does the car hesitate/stumble at all at higher RPMs? The least the dealer can do is spend a few minutes doing some good old fashioned diagnostics. Seems like some tech today are clueless unless the CEL is on.
Every once in awhile the car hesitates when you go to punch it. Nothing at high RPM. Its almost like the computer is going into a limp mode.

·
Registered
2014 2.0t AWD
276 Posts
Every once in awhile the car hesitates when you go to punch it. Nothing at high RPM. Its almost like the computer is going into a limp mode.
When you say 'nothing at high RPM' do you mean nothing wrong or it just doesn't want to run at higher RPM?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It seems like it has less PSI then cold at high RPM. Also no turbo whistle that is audible like when it's cold.

·
Registered
2014 2.0t AWD
276 Posts
If it's temperature related, and something you can make happen fairly often, then the dealer should be able to log the appropriate pids on a test drive (cold and hot) and be able to pin it down pretty easily. Maybe get the Caddy customer service folks on here to get involved.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If it's temperature related, and something you can make happen fairly often, then the dealer should be able to log the appropriate pids on a test drive (cold and hot) and be able to pin it down pretty easily. Maybe get the Caddy customer service folks on here to get involved.
Kinda thinking it's a IAT issue. It's sad we have to diagnostic this still ourself and the service department is so worthless. My GM card is topped off for $2,000 again but thinking twice before I get into another car.

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0T 6MT, 1991 MR2 Turbo
57 Posts
I think I might be experiencing the same thing you might be. I have an ultragauge and monitor boost and torque constantly. When normal, I get between 15-16 PSI max and a corrected 220ft.lbs max. But sometimes, it won't boost over 10PSI and won't get over 170ft.lbs. I also notice that I will almost never catch max boost when accelerating from 4000 RPM. I'm coming up on an oil change soon and will have the dealer do the TSB with the replacement sparkplugs so maybe there's a chance that may help.

·
Registered
2016 ATS 2.0T auto
135 Posts
It might. I just had the reflash and new plugs. Fixed my power issues, although they were no where near as bad as the OP's.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There are a lot of possibilities. One thing that comes to mind is when it's cold it's running open loop, so it ignores the O2 sensors.
Good point about open loop! Drove it last night great when we took off by the time we got to the restaurant it was power starved again. So sick of this issue as they have had multiple opportunity's to fix the issue

·
Registered
Charger Scat Pack- Auto/Corvette LS3-Auto
2,430 Posts
Get yourself a Trinity from Diablo and data log a few runs. Then use Data Viewer to see what hell is going on and show it to the dealer... Then tell him you are only going to charge him $500 for diagnostic services.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Get yourself a Trinity from Diablo and data log a few runs. Then use Data Viewer to see what hell is going on and show it to the dealer... Then tell him you are only going to charge him $500 for diagnostic services.
Actually just used my HP tuners for datalogging. Car makes about 15.5 psi when cold in the first couple of gears then drops down to 10 after warmed up. I think I am heading to the dealer tomorrow to talk them again the car feels like a slug

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0T RWD, DP, Intake, HPT, CC
2,404 Posts
Just an FYI, the car at WOT is always supposed to be open loop. These cars have narrowband O2 sensors, so they aren't accurate enough to provide feedback when power enrichment kicks in.

It's a shame they're narrowband, I think the boosted cobalt had widebands built in, which made the car easier to street tune.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Under WOT at full boost, what is the approximate timing that the car should be running at? I just had the bulletin performed a few days ago and so far It feels like I don't get the hesitation in situations where I previously did. According to my Ultragauge, I might have lost about 10ft.lbs of torque though. I'd greatly appreciate anybody that logs their car let me know what should be considered normal timing advance numbers. This is on a stock factory tune. Thanks

·
Registered
Charger Scat Pack- Auto/Corvette LS3-Auto
2,430 Posts
If any of you are monitoring boost via scan tool like Trinity or UltraGauge you looking at a calculated boost level (MAP - BARO).

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0T RWD, DP, Intake, HPT, CC
2,404 Posts
At WOT under full boost, the high octane table runs typically around 1* - 3* from 3500 rpm and up at stock g/cyl levels. There are spark table modifiers, so things may vary based upon fuel and environmental factors.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thanks Ragtop, I'm seeing around 3*-4* running on 91 octane. I was seeing negative 3* before the tech bulletin.

·
Registered
2015 SRX Luxury
481 Posts
My ATS was down on power and it would hesitate at times. My dealer found the TPS sensor had shorted out. They replaced the throttle body and now the power has returned.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My ATS was down on power and it would hesitate at times. My dealer found the TPS sensor had shorted out. They replaced the throttle body and now the power has returned.
My dealer is to stupid to figure out the problem. Hesitation is getting worse and GM refused my buy back claim. Which is fine as they will be loosing a customer that has 5 GM cars plus I also bought one for my son.

----------

Hesitation and boost lag still present and GM doesn't care a bit.

·
Registered
2016 ATS 2.0T auto
135 Posts
Any updates on this thread? Unfortunately, my car just started doing the same exact thing 2 days ago. I have a 43 mile highway commute to work each morning. The car seems okay for most of the commute, but in the last 10 miles or so, it feels like the boost is gone completely. It is a very noticable difference. I did have to have my turbo replaced about a year ago because it was making a loud whistle when cold (bearings?). I don't hear the same whistle this time. I haven't taken her into the dealer yet, but will be soon. I'm going to ask them to check the turbo, oil lines, and waste gate. I'll keep you posted.

2013 ATS 2.0T auto w/ 44.5K miles.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts