Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 ATS that I've recently noticed performance issues with. Essentially the car will shudder and groan a bit when the accelerator is pushed at speeds around 40 MPH. Same happens when the car starts to go up an incline in the road.

Almost feels like the car is about to stall. Or that it needs to down shift but can't.

Normally I use 91 octane fuel but a family member did recently fill the take with 87. I'm running 91 without ethanol in the tank now but it's not helping.

Any ideas what the issue could be? Turbo going out?

·
Registered
'13 ATS4 2.0T, Gone but will be missed, '13 SRX4 Performance
473 Posts
There have been shuddering issues with torque converters. Do you have auto or manual trans?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Automatic.

I saw a mention to the torque converter issues. Is this something the dealership can check and fix?

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0T RWD, DP, Intake, HPT, CC
2,404 Posts
torque converter shudder only seems to occur at less than 1500 rpm, normally in higher gears. See if the car is in 6th gear next time that happens.

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0t
51 Posts
I have been experiencing a groaning engine under light acceleration and sluggish acceleration in gears 1-3 on my 2015 2.0t ATS with 1200 miles. Also get occasional engine shudder between 2500-3000 RPMS. Car is going to the dealer tomorrow morning. The worse part is this car is a replacement car for my 2014 ATS that GM repurchased a month ago that I owned for 2 months which also had numerous quality issues. Owning these cars is literally one of the most frustrating things I've ever experienced. If the resale on these cars wasn't crap, I would just trade it and cut my losses. Beautifully engineered car built with cheap parts by line workers with no attention to detail.

Also on a side note, when I started experiencing these issues I popped the hood to take a peek if I saw any glaring issues and low and behold the air intake hose and clamp was loose and not installed properly. Also MAF sensor attached to top of hose was barely attached. Come on Cadillac!!! You did the right thing replacing my car, yet more problems on a car 3 years into its life cycle. While I love the car and tech, this will be my last Cadillac. Not worth the hassle.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

·
Registered
2014 2.0t AWD
276 Posts
If they are going to do the torque converter make sure they can actually get one in a timely fashion - I hear they are on backorder.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts