Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Cadillac XTS (Cadillac Certified)
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. . .

I don't believe that I ever posted here before, but I like all car forums.

I had a great opportunity to buy a 2017 Cadillac XTS Luxury with 18,000 miles on it in June 2018. The car was manufactured in January 2017; it was certified, so that left me with 2.5 years of factory warranty and 2 years of Cadillac Certified warranty. I knew the sales manager and he told me that the car had been on the lot for 3 months and they really wanted to get rid of it and offered it to me at a price that no one would have refused.

My existing car - a 1999 Lincoln Continental with 59,000 original miles on it; black with grey interior; has been garaged since I bought it new in late 1998. It is in mint condition and has EVERY single option on it that was available when new (I believe the options alone totalled $30,000++)

Anyway, I was never in a hurry to buy a new car to replace the Lincoln because I had a BMW 7-series company car and truthfully, never thought that I'd find a car that rode as nice as the Lincoln ever again.

Well, the day I took delivery of the Cadillac, I went on a 300-mile round trip and was absolutely astonished because the Cadillac rides so much smoother than the Lincoln; the Cadillac's V6 engine was just as responsive as the Lincoln Intech 4.6L 32V V8 engine and more. I am absolutely amazed.

I now plan to give the Lincoln Continental to my 17-year-old nephew.

John

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
5,149 Posts
Welcome back to the forums! You have posted before since you joined in 2018--3 threads created and 15 replies.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts