Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After ordering a new differential for crazy clunking and lots of whining, I pull into the service center today and low and behold, my radiator is leaking. When I knew the diff was going bad, I tried everything I could to get part number 15xxxxxxxx, the new beefier diff, but they would not give it to me, and could not even find the part, so im getting the old differential, which sucks. What pisses me off tho, is the fact that there is a new radiator part #, and they are more than willing to give me that part (supposedly not even in the catalogue yet) but they wont give me the new diff when I asked for it???? BS. but i am getting a new and improved radiator, so we will see how that goes.

·
Registered
'04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V, '13ZL1, '12 V, '16 Z06 SC757
6,440 Posts
Went to the dealer today and told them to order a new driver's side sun visor. Also told them to get a radiator in stock as I'm losing fluid. I'm having to add weekly so it's definitely a slow leak. I'm not bringing my V in until the parts are in. Too many horror stories waiting weeks to get parts. At this rate I'm estimating that my V will be a 2006 in about 6 months. So far I've replaced the following:

New Rear differential
New Drive shaft assembly
Rebuilt trans
New NAV
New rims
New rotors
New tires
New engine cover
New STB
New clutch
New slave cylinder
New pressure plate
New speakers
New shifter
New boot
New PCM
New sunvisor (on the way)
New radiator (on the way)

Now about the pesky engine. I wonder how I can kill it. I know, I'll just drive 35mph.

·
Alexandria, Va
Work on them all...
1,213 Posts
15793756 is the part number you are looking for... If they haven't gotten the differential yet you should be OK... The part numbers are now updated in GM's computer system... Even if they order the old part number, they should get the new part... Good luck on the radiator, we've had one on order for almost 2 weeks, they are currently on national back order...

·
Registered
CTS-V
1,621 Posts
CVP33 said:
Went to the dealer today and told them to order a new driver's side sun visor. Also told them to get a radiator in stock as I'm losing fluid. I'm having to add weekly so it's definitely a slow leak. I'm not bringing my V in until the parts are in. Too many horror stories waiting weeks to get parts. At this rate I'm estimating that my V will be a 2006 in about 6 months. So far I've replaced the following:

New Rear differential
New Drive shaft assembly
Rebuilt trans
New NAV
New rims
New rotors
New tires
New engine cover
New STB
New clutch
New slave cylinder
New pressure plate
New speakers
New shifter
New boot
New PCM
New sunvisor (on the way)
New radiator (on the way)

Now about the pesky engine. I wonder how I can kill it. I know, I'll just drive 35mph.
This is what keeps haunting me. I don't know if I can bear all this drama. That Cayman S is really looking good about now.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BTW CVP - you had all those parts replaced? stock -> stock because of warranty shit? How/why did you get rims replaced under warranty.

·
Registered
'04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V, '13ZL1, '12 V, '16 Z06 SC757
6,440 Posts
04CTSVFLA said:
BTW CVP - you had all those parts replaced? stock -> stock because of warranty shit? How/why did you get rims replaced under warranty.
Only 1 rim replaced under warranty. It was bent. Rotors, shifter, speakers and boot were replaced by me for better equipment. The rest of these were warranty. My post was more tongue in cheek than anything else.

·
Registered
CTS-V
1,621 Posts
The Cayman S will have to wait. I love this car too damn much. It also helps to forget all the problems these V's have when you go out and punk around almost everything on the road(sorry for smoking you today black STI). :D

I just received my Volant CAI. The wheel shop also called me to tell me that my expensive a$$ 20" Asanti wheels will be in on Friday.:banana: :spin:

·
Registered
118 Posts
CVP33 said:

Strange, but true. After 6 hours and 5 phone calls, I finally got AAA to tow the wounded V to my house last night. In-house teardown today. If you modify, you’re rolling the dice if you ever need warranty work…

1 - 12 of 12 Posts