Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couldn't tolerate leaving the car in the garage anymore. They fixed some of the pot holes around here, so I took her out for a spin. The car sat for 4 months in the garage. Maybe 5 months.... Started her up. The motor was very NOISY. Lifters were clattering, piston slap, rockers banging away. I couldn't believe how noisy the motor was. Never heard it like that before.

2500 miles, with Mobil 1 oil.

It got quiet after a minute, and all is back to normal. The tires were a little flat spotted, but they smoothed out after a few miles.

·
Registered
2012 Black Diamond 6MT V-Wagon
306 Posts
Took the Wagon out today to get a rug, propane and groceries. A stop at the old-school small town hardware store drew all the clerks to the front window!

·
Registered
2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe
3,351 Posts
Took mine out yesterday. She was only in storage for a couple of months given how late it was before it snowed here. She was a little dusty which was resolved with a quick wash today topped off with a spray wax.

A more thorough detailing will come as the weather warms more.

Felt good to be driving her again.

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
I think everyone had the same idea! Took my V out to stretch her legs a little and play with the Dashlogic. The weather is terrific but still a little cool. About 60 degrees, could only manage a sucky 4.6 0-60 with a lot of wheel spin. Did see quite a few Corvettes, MOPAR's, Camaro's, etc. out enjoying the weather. Spotted one of the new 5.0 Mustang GT fastbacks in dark gray. Very nice!

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
vfaninva said:
I think everyone had the same idea! Took my V out to stretch her legs a little and play with the Dashlogic. The weather is terrific but still a little cool. About 60 degrees, could only manage a sucky 4.6 0-60 with a lot of wheel spin. Did see quite a few Corvettes, MOPAR's, Camaro's, etc. out enjoying the weather. Spotted one of the new 5.0 Mustang GT fastbacks in dark gray. Very nice!
Funny how spotting a new Mustang is noteworthy outside of SE Michigan. Around here they've been a dime a dozen. See at least a handful every day.

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
Hey, it takes a while for Detroit's newest toys to make it out here to us country folk. ;)

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
vfaninva said:
Hey, it takes a while for Detroit's newest toys to make it out here to us country folk. ;)
Oh I'm sure. It's easy to take it for granted around here. We typically see prototypes on the streets almost a year in advance of launch dates.

I swear I've seen ATS-V mules almost a year and a half ago. They were camo'd, but you could tell by the hood bulge that they weren't pedestrian versions of the ATS. I work right by Ford World Headquarters so I often see mules on my way into work. At least twice I am sure I was following Mustang GT350 mules. There is no way based on the sounds that they were run of the mill 5.0s.

Yesterday I saw a mule of the new Dodge Ram with a brand new front end that I hadn't seen any pictures of it yet in the car mags, although I'm a bit behind on my Car & Driver issues.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts