Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there everyone,

I just bought a 1999 STS with 39,000 miles on her. I have noticed 2 rattles and wanted to know if they are common. Rattle #1 seems to be coming from either under the hood or the dash and has a distintive plastic sound to it. Rattle #2 seems to be coming from under the rear package tray near the rear windsheild.

My car is White DIamond with the very lite cream interior, much lighter than the usual ones I see.

Any help is appreciated.

Vinny

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
06 STS-1SG-ACC/HUD-Volant CAI-Corsa Exh-Mesh Grill-ClearBra
516 Posts
1999 STS HurstOldz said:
Hi everyone, I am new to the list, and can it be true that only my car rattles?

Thanks for all the input

Vinny
Sorry this is for the 2005 & newer STS's only. There are plenty that can help over on the "Seville" board though.

Good Luck

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi, I have a '99 as well. Wrong board, but I'll go ahead and answer it.

I have some rattles as well. From what I can tell, it's the big subwoofer that's making the rear rattles. I believe the vibrations from all the bass has loosened the screws. As for front vibrations, I've never had any except for center floor console. It happens when I rest my arm on it when the car is moving. I just lubricated all the plastic parts that come in contact and the noise vanished.

Also, it may not be happening now, but I have noticed a lot of STS and CTS owners complain about the seats rubbing against the center console, and for that, just apply a leather friendly lub on the seats where it rubs. As long as you keep the leather very soft it shouldn't happen.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts