Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(Fist off long time viewer i appreciate all the help everyone has done for me this is a great community here) I'll be replacing the fuel pump in my 1999 cadillac seville sls in 2 days from now. I have experience in removing and replacing fuel pumps but this one comes with a new wiring harness for one of the sensors on the new pump, so ill have to cut off the old sensor, stip the wires and connect the new sensor. Im not to experienced in wiring don't want to mess up and put my car ooc, so if anyone has any experience and/or tips I would much appreciate it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've read that the new one is supposed to surpass the performance of the old one, so do want to wire the new one. As for the type of connector its the same as the ones the guy below you posted. The old one is square and the new one is a flat connector. Also all the wires on the old and new connector have the same colors wires (purple, black, black/white and the grey) so it shouldn't be hard on figuring out which ones go where

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
[Update]
The pump replacement and rewiring where successfully done earlier this morning, everything wes pretty straightforward. I was pretty much worried over nothing, in not very confident when it come to wiring and on was just a little nervous on doing it on my own car, especially because in the cadillac the mess up one sensor and the whole car won't start. But all is good thank you for your help everyone

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
[New update] I haven't driven it to much sense the pump replacement, because my sister got a new car and we just car pool to work, but I was driving it the other day and the check engine light came back on. I went and got it checked and it was the fuel pump again. I told the guy at autozone that I had just replaced it and all he could offer is a new one (luckily it's still under warranty) does anyone know what could be wrong?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts