Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1968 Coupe Deville
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read many forums and still cannot figure out what is wrong with my wifes STS.

The dash control appears to work and the ac comp is cycling. I hear the van blow (but cannot control the speed or flow from the dash climate control unit)

No air from the vents. Was getting the car warmed up this winter but now with Summer I got to figure it out!

PLease help!!

·
Registered
99STS,2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade,98 Deville RIP
1,054 Posts
The first step is run your codes, it will tell you what area to look closely at, You should come up with some 'b' codes both current and history.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
87,119 Posts
Also look at the HVAC housing on the firewall. They have been known to crack with age. If that is the case, you're blowing the air into the engine bay.

·
Registered
1968 Coupe Deville
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here are the codes I found:

Amp history u1064

Ipc u1144

B1652
b1983
pcm
p0103
p0174

I think the fan is dead, ie blower motor...aaarrgggg!!!! 1 thing after another with this car. i will look for a thread on that.

Thanks all.

·
Registered
1968 Coupe Deville
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, none of the codes had to do with the fan. I took the underneath items off of the passenger side to check the fan. I did not get a chance to mess with it and then on the way to church it started working. Sometimes it would shut off after a few seconds.

I could turn it off and back on and it would start up again. It stayed running for about 15 minutes one time.

Is this still the fan or some other controller or something?

If there is something else to check please let me know before I go spend the time and money on the fan.

THanks again all!

·
Registered
2005 Deville Base, 2004 Escalade AWD
275 Posts
Maybe the cabin air filter / duct is clogged? If yours is like mine (a 2000 model) you can pull the little white door from behind the gas pedal (up and to the right). When I pulled mine out it looked like it had spent some time at the bottom of a sewer.

EDIT: I did not see your last post in time for my reply - my troubleshooting step probably won't yield a resolution.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts