Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2013 XTS
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I remove the radio on my 1999 Cadillac Seville STS. This is a bose system also if that helps any.:want:

·
Registered
'87 Jeep, '10 Thruxton, '00 Duc 748, '01 748R (853cc)
3,703 Posts
With the key in the On position, move the shift lever back into either 1 or 2. Then, using a small flat head screw driver, carefully pull up on the outer edges of the wood console. Be careful not to loose the four small metal clips that hold it in place. If they pop off, you will have to use an extendable magnet to fish them out. Once you have the wood console piece loose, pull it out enough, so that you can swing it 90 degrees CCW out of the way. You may have to use a small philips screw driver to loosen the brackets holding the T/C and Seat Warmer button wires onto the bottom. This will allow more slack and make it easier to raise and rotate the console piece. Once you have that out of the way, you will see two bolts on either side of the radio/Hvac assembly. Once those are removed, pop out the plastic cover above the radio. Under there, you will find the third bolt. With all three bolts removed, the radio and Hvac unit will come out as a whole piece. be careful not to damage any of the wiring behind them, since there isn't a whole lot of slack. After they have been disconnected, you can then seperate the two. Installation, is basically the reverse of what I just described. Just becareful when you reinstall the radio and Hvac assembly, that you dont pinch any wires behind them, since there isn't much room. Good Luck.

·
Registered
2001 BMW M5 - Alpine White
226 Posts
Be real careful when pulling out the wood console. Flexing it too much when pulling it out can crack the wood.

If I recall, you may have to take out the drink holder before you pull the wood console out to free up the back edge of it.

·
Registered
2015 Mazda3 S GT Hatchback 2013 Kia Optima SXL
2,817 Posts
You do not have to remove the entire cup holder, but, you do have to remove the surround piece for it. Open the console, and use a #2 philips to remove the two screws holding the latch plate. Then, press in on the cup holder, as if you were going to open it, and slide the surround piece, straight up. It will come right off. This will give the needed room to get under the console wood, so as to not damage it. I use a siding tool, called a panel locker (zip lock), to get under the console. It has a curved end, so I just press it straight down, to get under the console, and pull it straight up. Works like a charm. They can be found at any vinyl siding center, and they are fairly inexpensive (less than $15.00). Go get one, you will be glad you did.

Here it is.

Don

·
Registered
'87 Jeep, '10 Thruxton, '00 Duc 748, '01 748R (853cc)
3,703 Posts
Starnge, I never had to remove or dismantle any part of the cup holder when I pull out the wooden piece. I just closed it, and left it in place. If you unscrew the two brackets that hold down the wires underneath the wood pice, you should have plenty of slack to simply lift it up, and swing it around, setting it back down sideways over the shifter.

·
Registered
not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350
7,700 Posts
this is a ? for a 2000 Seville two remove the wood panel or to twist it and turn it enoguht to get the screw out and remove the radio do i have to pop out the heater seat and tv buttons and what do i do take a clat head screw drive rand jsut pop them out before i take the panel off or are the wires long enoght to not hav eto do this im confused about that

·
Registered
2005 White Diamond STS N* 1SF RWD ACC/HUD
2,052 Posts
The buttons stay attached to the wood trim. The wiring unplugs from the bottom. I have never had to remove any of the cupholder trim to remove mine either...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts