Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks ! I picked up a crashed Eldo. Most of the damage is to the subframe. Does anyone know what interchange is available?
I'm hoping to be able to bring to back to life...... crashed in 2005

·
Registered
460 Posts
Others can confirm the models but it looks like parts are available. Here's something for the rear on eBay:

and what the seller thinks it will fit:
Cadillac Seville 1995-1997 Rear
Cadillac Eldorado 1995-2002 Rear
Cadillac Deville 1995-1996 Rear
Cadillac Deville 1997-1999 Rear; w/o HD susp

Exactly what is damaged?

Scott
Edit: Probably want to identify any special suspension options. You can post a photo of the option code sticker.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited by Moderator)
the front subframe , the radiator support, those are the worst.... and it snapped drivers side of the rack so the wheel is uncontrollable

theres more , but im starting with the big problem first... theres a smash at the front of the tranny too, i gotta see if it wrecked the valve body.... buts thats after i drop the cradle ... the guy i got from started it a couple time....so thats promising

its an ETC the interior is real plain Jane, i have a 2000 also ESC , much much nicer interior originally
but this car only had 40K on it....its like new... if i can fix the suspension its just cosmetics to have a low low miles ETC

·
Registered
460 Posts
I was going to say when you search try different terms / combinations of terms like engine cradle which you mentioned... Some of the members here may have the PNs. When I search I come across a lot of parts which do not necessarily fit. There are yards listing other parts on eBay. You may want to try to contact them for the parts you need because it's difficult for a seller to list everything.

The dealer parts desk can also be a great resource for PNs especially if the parts are discontinued they'll normally give you the PN. If you tell them what you're trying to do they may print a page which shows the PNs for almost everything you need.

You could also see if you could find a cheap parts car. Some options may not interchange but if yours is plain maybe you can get more than the parts you really need.

Scott

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats why im asking , to find what others know.... i tried online but as you did, found the rear even though i searched cradle,,, i still got rear results ....and i can find what interchanges , then i can look for a donor or at the Pick n Pull, I live in the Bay Area... lots of them around . But i cant find any interchange info for the cradle...

·
1999 STS
35 Posts
See I had a cracked subframe when I got my car.....no accident that I know of rest of frame fine, my assumption is a pothole did it, however I looked into replacement and nobody was able to help me at all, was able to weld mine which I know doesn't look the best (3rd time I welded before) and car handles fine aside from some clunking from that side on hard sharp turns, everything still tight bushings look good I am going to try replacing sway bar bushings and sway bar link

·
Administrator
2002 F55 STS, 2014 Explorer XLT, F-150s
74,584 Posts
No need to post any more - that car is a total.

.....and the 1999 Northstar is the worst of the series for cylinder block casting problems which cause failed head gaskets due to the head bolts pulling out of the block.

Look at the poll on failed head gaskets in the Engines, Northstar stickies. First page of the thread.

·
Registered
2000 Deville DHS
1,369 Posts
That car is toast.. How much did you pay for it?

Hasn’t ran in 16 years + all that damage + among the worst years for the Northstar...

Think about that.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
21,278 Posts
yup - it's a lost cause - there is a LOT more damage than the cradle -
I guarantee the unibody mounts and probably strut towers are bent -

take the rear view mirror off and drive a different car under it

·
Registered
72 Posts
it was wrecked , then put in the garage until 7 months ago...... at the least i can swap interiors ..... i will drop the cradle to see how bad everything else is....the rearview is on the floor..lol...
car has less than 40k on it....engine should be useful....even if i do the inserts.... its practically new

its mostly cosmetic,,,,,,some turtle wax will do wonders !

my 200 is at 210k..... if i pull the engine and do inserts ill have a runner for 5 more years.......i paid $900 for the wreck and $800 for the 2000.... so no matter what im doing okay

and if i swap interiors , i wont need new carpet ,,, plus plus.....

·
Registered
2000 Deville DHS
1,369 Posts
and if i swap interiors , i wont need new carpet ,,, plus plus.....
Why do you need new carpets? These Cadillacs are among the easiest cars of all to clean up. I honestly can’t imagine a Cadillac, especially from that era being impossible to restore to almost immaculate condition and believe me I’ve cleaned up a few of them. By the time you’re done taking out the seats all you have to do is clean the carpets, it’ll be more trouble ripping them out and trying to re install a different one plus I can’t imagine the new carpet being perfect.

Also, iirc the ETC and ESC had different engines the same way a Deville DTS has more horsepower than a DHS, so is it even easy to just swap engines between the 2? And which engine are you talking about having studded? The new one with 40,000 miles?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
because the interior is trashed.....not dirty....TRASHED like a pack of wild dogs lived in it for 6 months .... and i dont know different the 2 engines are.... i would think its a chip or exhaust upgrade.... havent looked yet for the 25hp difference ......... i dont imagine its a separate engine for 25hp......

·
Registered
2000 Deville DHS
1,369 Posts
because the interior is trashed.....not dirty....TRASHED like a pack of wild dogs lived in it for 6 months ....
I’ve cleaned Cadillacs that were wild dog status before...

If you’re not up to it, find someone who is... And if he can’t do it, then he doesn’t know what he’s doing. Lol.

·
Administrator
74,584 Posts
You say the engines are different - VERY VERY VERY different. The 1999 was the last of the flat-tappet cammed engines. 2000 saw big changes in the engines, calibrations, and went to a roller cam setup. Even the transmission final drives are different and so are ALL of the electrical connectors and electronic calibrations, very different PCMs. No swaps from 99 to 00 or from 00 to 99. There are no "chips" or exhaust changes between the 275 hp VIN Y and the 300 hp VIN 9 engines. It was all calibrations, cams and gearing - within a specific year. The engine changes from 99 to 00 were radical.

·
Registered
72 Posts
welllllllll shit.... are the blocks the same , or do i just throw the engine in a dumpster because it is completely useless and no one cares......

I’ve cleaned Cadillacs that were wild dog status before...

If you’re not up to it, find someone who is... And if he can’t do it, then he doesn’t know what he’s doing. Lol.
I wish this was as clean as that was when you started !

·
Administrator
74,584 Posts
welllllllll shit.... are the blocks the same , or do i just throw the engine in a dumpster because it is completely useless and no one cares......
No, the blocks and calibrations are very different between 99 and 00. The 99 could be rebuilt and used in a 98 - 99 FWD Northstar car or a sand rail with standalone management systems. The 2000 could be rebuilt and used in a 00 - 03 FWD Northstar car or sand rail/Fiero conversion, different standalone systems..

The 99 is the Ace of Spades, the 00 is the Ace of Hearts - same deck, different cards.

1 - 20 of 120 Posts