1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Can someone please let me know the answer to these 2 questions
1)how long would it take to replace a black ragtop on a 1999 Cadillac Deville
2)what the price would be
It's my boyfriends car and he had someone who does them come out and look at his car and give a price he said it would be 1,200 and it would take 90 days. We just want to know if that's accurate because 90 days is a long time to keep someone's car. If he has other cars to work on first then why take it until your done with the others.
let's move this to the correct forum for your 1999 Deville - Byrdman

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
89,047 Posts
I edited your title to make it a bit more descriptive.

The 90 days MIGHT be due to availability. Seems there is a shortage of everything lately.
Might try checking with some local body shops and see what they say.

·
Registered
96 FWB
3,759 Posts
First off, welcome to the Cadillac Forum. What those above have posted, especially about running the reviews and contacting the more well-reputed local shops, and more than one being nearly mandatory for any type hands-on craftwork as this. Workload, material on hand, plus many other factors go into price, schedule and quality. As the old saying goes, "Pick any two."
Good luck with the BF's ride.

·
Administrator
2002 F55 STS, 2014 Explorer XLT, F-150s
77,258 Posts
All that new car custom trim work was originally done by aftermarket contractors local to the selling dealership. As posted, availability and manpower/expertise factor in to the cost. And $1200 or so is on the low side of true cost.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I edited your title to make it a bit more descriptive.

The 90 days MIGHT be due to availability. Seems there is a shortage of everything lately.
Might try checking with some local body shops and see what they say.
Thank you I'm new to this site and how it works so I appreciate it. This guy we contacted is local..there's not a lot of people around here that do it either

1 - 5 of 5 Posts