Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my car today started acting weird when trying to accelerate, then after that it eventually died. It ran enough to get to a gas station. After that I took it to a Walmart parking lot. It since hasn’t been running right. At first, it would start and run right for a few seconds, then spudder. Then eventually it wouldn’t start. I also have an issue with my ignition where the car sometimes leaves all interior accessories on with the key out but this has been going on for a month. Not sure if this is related. Anyway, the car stopped running. I replaced the fuel filter which did nothing. My hope is it’s the pump. I swapped the pump relay with another one and it did nothing. I was hoping someone here might be able to help me. Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The first step would be checking for DTCs and reporting back with descriptions. See sticky.
Thanks for the quick reply. I ran and read up on all of the codes. The only one that stuck out was the computer memory system saying it was “current” then it had gone away. Not that it means it’s fixed. But I just spent $250 on a pump, and I’m really hoping I’ll be able to get it home at least. Would the computer just fail out of nowhere like that? I know nothing about these PCM’s. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,969 Posts
Did you check the fuel pressure? Sounds a lot like a failed fuel pump.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts