Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
99 Deville
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I am hoping I can get some advice here I went to replace my door speakers on my 99 deville after a local speaker shop told me I had 6.5s in the door so I ordered some jbl component 6.5s with tweeters and crossovers online and I took off my door panel yesterday to do it and I believe I have 5.25s I cant return my 6.5 component set what should I do any tips I don't want to have to cut my door panels up to install them should I convert the back 6x9s to 6.5s or anyone have any tips to install in the doors thank you all in advance and also with the tweeters the ones in the doors look like 3.5s what can I do to install the tweeters also

·
Registered
98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance
7,345 Posts
Tweeters are 2 inch i believe.
Yea these door speakers are 5.25.
I just put 6.5 in rear doors. Took a bit of cutting but the fit. Th e frt speaker are mounted on plastic brakets you may be able to enlarge. Don't worry about modifying the door panels they will clear. You wont get 100 sound since openings are a little smaller(you could take carpet panel off and enlarge the openings).
You're not going to be happy with those speakers in rear deck i bet... If you don't want to modify doors I would sell them.

·
Registered
99 Deville
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With the mounting hardware that came with the speakers I was actually able to fit them in the mounting bracket for the stock ones but I couldn't get the speaker to clear the door panel itself it wouldn't even fit in the inside of the door panel and I was worried about taking off the stock mounting bracket because I wasn't sure if I would have enough clearance from the magnet to the window

1 - 3 of 3 Posts