Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced the ignition tumbler and purchased the ignition key with chip that matches it... security light is now off but the dashboard reads car may not restart problem with theft system and my 99' Cadillac DeVille doesn't even turnover...what can I do so it'll start?

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,254 Posts
I just replaced the ignition tumbler and purchased the ignition key with chip that matches it... security light is now off but the dashboard reads car may not restart problem with theft system and my 99' Cadillac DeVille doesn't even turnover...what can I do so it'll start?
=====================
if I understand this correctly -
you replaced the lock cylinder -
and obtained a new chipped key that matches the new lock cylinder -

question -
is the new lock cylinder and chipped key the SAME RESISTANCE
as the original lock cylinder and chipped key?

·
Registered
Eldorado and DeVille
27 Posts
You can unplug chip wire at bottom of steering column. Buy a Resister that matches old Key. Remove two wires from harness connector heading to module side, attach resistor to wires and try to start car! If it works take old lock cylinder back and get refund? Some people uses this method because it does not matter what type of key is used in the lock cylinder. and the lock cylinder never has to be replaced again.

·
Registered
Eldorado and DeVille
27 Posts
Ho ya: Check the chip resistance of old key and see if it matches new key. If not take them to your local lock smith and have them cut new key.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts