Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Deville
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got back from a trip and went to get in my car at the airport parking lot and none of the buttons on my key fob worked. Manually unlocked the car and the warning chimes and dome lights didn't work. The car started but the display was blank for about 10 seconds then came on. The windows don't work and the trunk and gas door buttons don't work. Also the fuel remaining indicator has dashes instead of numbers. I've taken it to my local mechanic and a dealer and was told it would likely be more costly to repair the car than the car is worth. I've checked the body fuses and they look good. The car only has 75,000 miles and prior to this everything worked great. Any uggestions

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,289 Posts
Got back from a trip and went to get in my car at the airport parking lot and none of the buttons on my key fob worked. Manually unlocked the car and the warning chimes and dome lights didn't work. The car started but the display was blank for about 10 seconds then came on. The windows don't work and the trunk and gas door buttons don't work. Also the fuel remaining indicator has dashes instead of numbers. I've taken it to my local mechanic and a dealer and was told it would likely be more costly to repair the car than the car is worth. I've checked the body fuses and they look good. The car only has 75,000 miles and prior to this everything worked great. Any uggestions
======================
check for Diagnostic Trouble Codes -
if you don't know how - go here and read the ENTIRE post -

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-deville-1985-2005-including-1985/138257-how-pull-codes-dtcs.html

if you have any codes - post them here -
ALONG WITH THEIR DEFINITIONS -

·
Registered
1999 Deville
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got the following codes:

PCM P603 internal control module keep alive memory error
PCM P1610 loss of PZM serial data
IPC/SDM/TCS/IRC U1255 line malfunction/missing data for network control
IPC B1552 history. Deck lid release circuit open
ACM B1348 current. Heated back lite circuit open
ACM B1983 history. Drivers door unlock relay circuit short to battery
ACM U1096 history invalid or missing data for primary id
SDM B1163 history loss of serial data-no lamp response
SDM U1096. History. Invalid or missing data
No PZM data
No RFA codes

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,793 Posts
Just for the hell of it, pull the battery cables and touch them together.

·
Registered
98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance
7,345 Posts
Sure looks like bcm/pzm has an issue. Any time no data something is wrong with comms to that device. The bcm turns the relay to windows on(under door sill) and controls all if not all most of things you have wrong. Might check main fuses under hood also(body fuses, big ones).

·
Registered
1999 Deville
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have checked body/big fuses under hood. So you think next step would be to replace the bcm? Wouldn't the dealer have to program the new bcm?

·
Registered
1999 Deville
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
First let me say thanks for the help. I tried touching the battery cables together but no help. Want to replace the BCM. The number on the one in my car is 09360189. Have been shopping and see several different numbers. Do I need to get the exact same number?

·
Registered
98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance
7,345 Posts
Key info(vats) not held by bcm, ipc for that so no new key needed when bcm swapped.

·
Registered
1999 Deville
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
All fixed!! The new(used) bcm arrived today. Swapped it out and all back to normal. Thanks for the very helpful input. Cost me $65 to fix a car the dealer told me wasn't worth fixing!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts