Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Cadillac DeVille, 1985 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS, 2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I have a 1999 Cadillac DeVille with only 27K on the clock. Last year I took the car to the same dealership it was bought from to see if they could get my heated seat to work on the drivers side. They guy there told me the heated seat element was open and needs to be replaced. Now I've searched high and low and can't seem to find this part anywhere not even a part number. Can anyone help me out with this?

·
Registered
2002 Deville DHS, 2000 GMC Jimmy,1999 Seville STS
231 Posts
Yeah the seat heater is probably glued to the seat bottom. This means you need to find a seat bottom to fix it. I do not believe that GM will sell you one as K body production has been done for a hot minute and therefore spare parts are mostly now found in junkyards.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
21,828 Posts
Hey all,
I have a 1999 Cadillac DeVille with only 27K on the clock. Last year I took the car to the same dealership it was bought from to see if they could get my heated seat to work on the drivers side. They guy there told me the heated seat element was open and needs to be replaced. Now I've searched high and low and can't seem to find this part anywhere not even a part number. Can anyone help me out with this?
=======================
actually -
the heated seat elements were integrated into the upholstery in the '99 Deville -

there is a "repair kit" that has actual pads that you locate between the upholstery and foam seat -

the seats must be removed and disassembled -
the upholstery removed -
and there is some wiring that needs to be modified/changed -

·
Registered
1999 Cadillac DeVille, 1985 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS, 2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
=======================
actually -
the heated seat elements were integrated into the upholstery in the '99 Deville -

there is a "repair kit" that has actual pads that you locate between the upholstery and foam seat -

the seats must be removed and disassembled -
the upholstery removed -
and there is some wiring that needs to be modified/changed -
Where could this be bought?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
21,828 Posts
No luck on the website, I had brought the car to the same dealership it was purchased from 21 years ago and they told me to f**k off.
============================
I had brought the car to the same dealership it was purchased from 21 years ago
the STEALERSHIP is the LAST place I would ever take my cars to -
EXCEPT for FREE/WARRANTY work -

here ya go - $38 - each - with free shipping -
gm 25755075 - seat back

couldn't find any of the seat cushion units -
but you could probably use a seat back on the cushion -

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
============================
I had brought the car to the same dealership it was purchased from 21 years ago
the STEALERSHIP is the LAST place I would ever take my cars to -
EXCEPT for FREE/WARRANTY work -

here ya go - $38 - each - with free shipping -
gm 25755075 - seat back

couldn't find any of the seat cushion units -
but you could probably use a seat back on the cushion -
So these Seville seat heaters are the same as the 93-99 Devilles?

·
Registered
2002 Deville DHS, 2000 GMC Jimmy,1999 Seville STS
231 Posts
No they aren't. They are for a 98+ seville it looks like he is suggesting an alternative to the original. As I said before if you want the original the junkyard is probably gonna be you best bet.

·
21,828 Posts
So these Seville seat heaters are the same as the 93-99 Devilles?
====================
maybe you didn't read post #3 very carefully - or didn't understand it -

the actual wires that heated up were embedded into the seat covers -
over time the wires/heating element would break interrupting the circuit = no more heated seat -

some have removed the seat covers - found and repaired the break in the heating element -
and the heated seat worked again - UNTIL another break in the wire -

what I suggested is trying to adapt the heated seat repair PAD offered for the newer Deville and Seville -
and slip it between the seat cover and the seat cushion -

·
Registered
92 Fleetwood 2dr cpe - FWD, 96 Seville SLS, 02 Seville
1,236 Posts
I've done the repair on a few.

Break occurs in one of two locations.
  • where the harness connects to the heating element. GM didn't provide enough wire to allow for flex. If you replace here, add extra wire and provide a loop. Consider doing the other link wires as well.
  • in the seating field. When you pull the cover, you'll see a burn in the sponge of the cushion. You can split the cushion here to find the break. You'll need a high heat wire or use a loop where the loop sits outside the split in the cushion and the solder joints inside.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've done the repair on a few.

Break occurs in one of two locations.
  • where the harness connects to the heating element. GM didn't provide enough wire to allow for flex. If you replace here, add extra wire and provide a loop. Consider doing the other link wires as well.
  • in the seating field. When you pull the cover, you'll see a burn in the sponge of the cushion. You can split the cushion here to find the break. You'll need a high heat wire or use a loop where the loop sits outside the split in the cushion and the solder joints inside.
How does one pull the cover without ruining the seat?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.