Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Cadillac DeVille
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just stopped working two days ago. We have had a very snowy few days here in Utah. Correct me if I am wrong in my trouble shooting steps, but I thought that I would see if there is a fuse for the drivers side seat heater, remove the switch and test it for continuity.

A problem that I have unrelated to the the heat function is the plastic panel the holds the switch. Due to my weight, the left side of the cushion has compressed more than the right. And has broken the plastic panel. I found a local place that will re pad the seat (the leather is in great condition) but they don't replace the broken part. Does anyone have a source to buy that part other than the dealer? I am not sure what to call it to google it.

Thanks in advance for your help.

John

·
Registered
1999 Deville D'Elegance
39 Posts
Same problem here (seat heater not working)

Rockauto.com....I would start there
You also could check yoy local salvage yard

You could also try amazon.com

Did you get the seat heater working? They say you can turn it on, and listen under the seat for "clicks", which means the internal circuit breaker is clicking on and off, due to a break in the seat heater element. I didn't hear any clicks, and my fuses, in the trunk, were good. It's cold here in Arkansas too.

Let me know, post a reply, if you get the seat heater working, and how you did it. I'm subscribing to this thread.

·
Registered
98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance
7,345 Posts
I see the side panel on ebay from time to time. try search for seat heat switch or bezel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts