Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to remove the engine from my 99 DeVille. I have the Haynes manual and the 4 inches of service manual, but was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. I would like to know if the engine has to come out from the bottom or does anyone know of a way to get it out with an engine lift? If not, what is the best way to get the sub-frame out from under the car without a two post lift? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Trey

·
Registered
99STS,2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade,98 Deville RIP
1,054 Posts
4 inches?, you must of got the abridged edition...lol, seriously though, on another thread, all the info you need including pictures is presented. I just can't remember where I seen the info, but its here, maybe someone else will point you in the right direction...From what I did see on the thread, you will need the engine lift to raise the front end so the subframe can roll out... Sorry, I was not more helpful...

·
Registered
1989 Sedan DeVille is now just a fond memory ....
10,429 Posts

·
Registered
2001 eldorado,2008 DTS,2005 XLR, '96 eldo,'95 eldo,' 89 eldo,'78 eldo,'11CTS-V
1,717 Posts
Yes, the whole cradle comes out the bottom. I've done it without disturbing any of the brake hydraulics by leaving the struts and brake hardware in the car, and break loose the ball joint and steering knuckle. Suspend the anti-lock brake unit with bunjue cords.
Without a lift, you'll have to be 'creative'.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From the point I was at, I found it easier to get it out form the top. It did take some patients but it wasn’t as bad as I thought. Thanks folks for the input and help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts